Oye!

Calax

One theory floating around the courthouse is that the judges were taking a jab at the state Supreme Court, which has decreed that judges must interpret statutory language adopted by the Legislature literally, whatever the consequences.

Excellent: fundamentalism in law! >_<

Of course judges can't be trusted to exercise their own personal judgment, that would be like a soldier deciding who to aim at, or the electorate whom they should vote for ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

One theory floating around the courthouse is that the judges were taking a jab at the state Supreme Court, which has decreed that judges must interpret statutory language adopted by the Legislature literally, whatever the consequences.

Excellent: fundamentalism in law! >_

Of course judges can't be trusted to exercise their own personal judgment, that would be like a soldier deciding who to aim at, or the electorate whom they should vote for ...

Isn't interpretation and subjective judgement the entire point of it being a separate branch of the government?

Serious :psyduck: territory here.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Married or not, the criminal court has no place in the personal life of individuals. If a married person wants some fun on the side let them. Its their life.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

So does this mean I have to move now? Or just not get married. Well, I mean, I guess I could just not commit adultery, but I mean, come on.

Am I right fellas, I mean, am I right?

And I've seen Judge William Murphy in court one time.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Marriage is an antiquated social institution given legitimacy due to outdated religious doctrine and should have no bearing on what constitutes criminal behavior in a modern society.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

That's right Hades, they can't make you conform to their social ideals! You're your own man of the new age!

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm going to pretend like I don't know what you're getting at, but really, I will know.

Actually have to agree with Hadesand. This is ridiculous, if not out and out wrong.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Actually have to agree with Hadesand. This is ridiculous, if not out and out wrong.

That's not agreeing with Sand; he was insisting that marriage was an outdated social mode.

It is outdated, but I also think that this law thingie is ridiculous as well.

That's not agreeing with Sand; he was insisting that marriage was an outdated social mode.

It was sort of implied that he thought the law itself was less than brilliant.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

The law is stupid. It looks like something an ultra conservative traditional Christian Republican would thought up. :thumbsup:"

It's like Hades doesn't read the story, or at least, chooses not to see parts of it.

I am commenting on the law, not the article. The man himself should contest this law and see if the supreme court can declare it unconstitutional all on taxpayer money.

Here's what the problem with what you are doing is, there is no man, and no actual law that says that. Maybe you should read the article.

The appeals court decision involved a man convicted of trading prescription painkillers for sex.

In an attempt to increase his jail time, prosecutors used an obscure provision of the state's criminal law to charge him with criminal sexual conduct, which occurs whenever "sexual penetration occurs under circumstances involving the commission of any other felony."

You were saying?

I stand by my statement.

:aiee:

My gods! I hope that is sarcasm because if it isn't we are all screwed.