Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360???

karka

I tend to melt people.

I just hope they keep the text description as well as the visuals. The text descriptions of the criticals were far more entertaining.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

That is something that I could, unfortunately, see not be making the cut. But who knows. One of the things I enjoyed about Fallout was the dark humour. It added to the Fallout charm that I'd like to see in Fallout 3.

I'm still hoping they capture this spirit of Fallout in Fallout 3.

NWN2 needs a Dog companion.  Not a familiar or a Ranger/Druid companion, but a real NPC type.

It already has one.

Her name is Qara.

LOL Good one.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Dogmeat was teh r0xx0r!1  You need Dogmeat and he needs you.  :(

RPG dogs in general tend to be totally sweet.  Does anyone remember the dog from Arcanum?  Seriously, he was an absolute beast - he'd hit like 3 times a round and kill ogres in one turn.  :wub:

Dogmeat was always a favorite of mine, but he always got him self killed first. :(

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

That is something that I could, unfortunately, see not be making the cut.  But who knows.  One of the things I enjoyed about Fallout was the dark humour.  It added to the Fallout charm that I'd like to see in Fallout 3.

Just catching the spirit of Fallout is not enough for me, especially if they are going to put Fallout in the title. Fallout 1 caught the spirit of Wasteland but was way too different to be called Wasteland 2.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Stop it.  The kiddies want to make fun of Fallout 3.  Simple reading comprehension need not apply.

Seriously though, it's funny that the title implies that it is "Not unlikely says Bethesda" yet, as you pointed out, there's nothing from anyone that even hints at it.  All it is is the author saying it would make sense.

Probably already covered at some point in the rambling of this thread, but there's Fallout 3 info in the new OXM due next month from what I've read. Either OXM UK or just the standard OXM.

OXM?

Ox? Magazine?

Sorry, I am not into beastiality.

Official Xbox Magazine you dope. :p

And the only information is some guy that mentions that it would make sense for them to port Fallout 3 to the 360.

I think the bulk of the information revolves around the fact that it was Todd Howard of Bethesda in an interview with UK OXM about Fallout 3. That's where the conclusions are being drawn from. You wouldn't do an interview for a game with a platform specific magazine unless you had plans to release the game on that platform.

On top of that, you have the news that Bethesda has finally gotten Gamebyro to utilize the three cores on Xenon, rather than just having it be a more brute force approach as in Oblivion. That shows they're still working on the engine for the console, and you wouldn't do that unless you had plans to release another game on the console using that engine - Fallout 3 does.

Too many glaring facts do look at the news of Fallout 3 and not see that it's coming to the 360 - and most likely the PS3 if Oblivion sells well on the platform.

That is something that I could, unfortunately, see not be making the cut.  But who knows.  One of the things I enjoyed about Fallout was the dark humour.  It added to the Fallout charm that I'd like to see in Fallout 3.

Just catching the spirit of Fallout is not enough for me, especially if they are going to put Fallout in the title. Fallout 1 caught the spirit of Wasteland but was way too different to be called Wasteland 2.

Yes you've stated this numerous times.

To be honest, I like good games. If Fallout 3 had zero in common with Fallout 1 and 2, but was the best game I'd ever seen from a design and gameplay perspective, I'd still be elated.

I wouldn't.

Everything he's looking for on a computer game is Fallout. Why he still plays games is beyond me.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I hate Dogmeat. Worst part of FO, for sure. And, yeah, I figure with all the anecdotal evidence that there is a 99% chance that FO3 will be on xbox 360.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Everything he's looking for on a computer game is Fallout. Why he still plays games is beyond me.

Hey, I am willing to compromise on a few things. I don't why people think I am being unreasonable about Fallout 3. I have no problems with Fallout 3 being real time as long as we get a turn base option. I don't mind on bit if we get a more dynamic camera system like the one found in NWN2 or Oblivion. As long as the fundamental basics of what made Fallout is in the game in full they can add in as much stuff as they want. More options the merrier.

Edited by Sand

I think it's more the idea that the mere name of the game has you placing additional requirements on the game. To the point where things are deal breakers, and you will write it off, only because of the name.

If there was a game that you really enjoyed playing, does it really matter what it is called?

Yes, it does. A name sets the initial mood and expectations. Would you buy a game that is destined to be the best over named Crappy Dog Manure? I know I wouldn't.

Edited by Sand

Well, if Crappy Dog Manure happened to be exactly the game I was looking for, I'd buy it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yes, it does.  A name sets the initial mood and expectations.  Would you buy a game that is destined to be the best over named Crappy Dog Manure?  I know I wouldn't.

I'd buy the better game. This is because I like good games.

As you say....it sets the initial expectations.

The quality of the game itself still supercedes this.

Edited by alanschu

Yes, it does.  A name sets the initial mood and expectations.  Would you buy a game that is destined to be the best over named Crappy Dog Manure?  I know I wouldn't.

I'd rather have the best game ever even if it had a name like Crappy Dog Manure than a game with the best name ever, but was worse the Big Rigs. :)"

Different people have different tastes. I prefer the title of the game to have something relating to the game itself. Obviously, you guys don't.