Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360???

karka

The fun wears thin when you've heard it for the 100th time.  It's like over using a joke.

I think your sig and avatar prove that some jokes can never be over used.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hammertime is an inside joke that only a handful of people on this forum understand.

Someone recently posted this picture and said they thought of me. I laughed and figured I'd post it as an avatar.

I don't put much stock into avatars and signatures. You've never seen me say "Hammertime" in a regular post. Otherwise, I could say the same for anyone that has an avatar for an extended period of time.

Edited by alanschu

It's all 1990 again.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I enjoyed Oblivion, but I would be much more interested in the game if it were in the same style of the other two Fallouts. Like Sand, I think the tech demo is much more in line with my view of Fallout.

On the other hand, railing against Fallout development projects is sooooo late '90s. You know, there must be a new fad somewhere. I would probably be rabid and foaming at the mouth except that I'm too lazy and I'm looking for the next big trend, not the last one.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Um...what?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

not quite a good move, if its made for the xbox 360 then it will end up being as bad as fobos was, it will fail and the franchise of fallout will pass on into the trash bin.

Yeah, because Morrowind and Oblivion being on Xbox and Xbox 360 was a huge failure for the Elder Scrolls franchise. And by huge failure I mean Todd Howard probably sleeps on a great big pile of money.

pasta - antipasta etc.  :'(

Except that pasta and antipasti frequently meet, given that antipasti (or antipasto) is Italian for Hors d'

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, we have had SPECIAL in real time in three different games and each game Real Time SPECIAL sucked each and every time. What makes Bethesda's Fallout any different? Especially if they use the same engine style of Oblivion.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Well, we have had SPECIAL in real time in three different games and each game Real Time SPECIAL sucked each and every time.  What makes Bethesda's Fallout any different?  Especially if they use the same engine style of Oblivion.

Yes, right you are. :blink:"

That avatar just isn't you by the way. Now if he/she was holding up their middle finger instead.......

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

pasta - antipasta etc.  :'(

Except that pasta and antipasti frequently meet, given that antipasti (or antipasto) is Italian for Hors d'

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For more details and the full interview with Bethesda, check out issue 18 of the Official Xbox 360 Magazine, on sale from the 15th of February.

A loud, semi-sarcastic and sardonic "heh!" is all I can say on the matter.

Edited by Powerslave

Well, we have had SPECIAL in real time in three different games and each game Real Time SPECIAL sucked each and every time.  What makes Bethesda's Fallout any different?  Especially if they use the same engine style of Oblivion.

The more you complain, the more I hope it is morrowind with guns. :thumbsup:

Just so you'll quit complaining about it. :aiee:

Since Oblivion was released for the 360 and FO3 will use the same engine, why WOULDNT it be released on the 360 aswell? This doesnt even qualify as news.

Also, FO3 will be an RPG/FPS "oblivion with guns", and what worries me is to my knowledge, Bethesda has never done an FPS before. We Swedes are very particular about our FPSs and if they muck it up... Ill cry

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The atmosphere and setting (and subsequently how it is used) is more important to me than SPECIAL when it comes to Fallout. There isn't really anything inherently special about SPECIAL, to be honest.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

It is all three that makes Fallout for me. Atmosphere, Setting, and Rules System are all equally important in a CRPG.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

The only thing about SPECIAL for me is the perks, like bloody mess. Any cool perk system is enjoyable for me. Arcanum was another game where I really enjoyed a cool perk system. I'd imagine it would be possible to do it in Fallout 3, but we'll have to wait on more details.

SPECIAL was more than that.

It was the Rules System. It governed how skills worked, determined the combat mechanic, character progression, and so forth and so on. Everything the character did within the game referred back to the game mechanics of the SPECIAL Rules System.

What does 3.5e have to do with SPECIAL? Moving from 3e to 3.5e was not shattering at all. Moving from 2e to 3e... Now that taken some getting use to but that is off topic, Miss Moderator. I stand what I said about SPECIAL. SPECIAL does not work in real time. That has been proven in Lionheart, FOPOS, and Fallout Tactics.

Without SPECIAL then its not Fallout.

Edited by Sand