Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360???

karka

Yep, Fallout in name only. It will be dumb downed just like Oblivion was I am sure.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Sounds like another "Brotherhood of Steel" to me.

No matter to speculate though, Bethesda might even suprise with Fallout 3's awesomeness :mellow:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hardly. I am expecting a real time game with a First Person/Third Person toggle with no ability to form a party set in a fairly empty game world with a story that has no substance to it. Basically, Oblivion with Guns.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Hardly.  I am expecting a real time game with a First Person/Third Person toggle with no ability to form a party set in a fairly empty game world with a story that has no substance to it.  Basically, Oblivion with Guns.

Now, now. What if let's be positive now, shall we?

meh, who am i kidding?

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I am expecting that tech demo of Van Buren I downloaded to be more Fallout that Bethesda's Fallout. I expect Fallout Tactics to be more akin to Fallout than Bethesda's Fallout.

For a reference, has there been any PC game that hasn't suffered from being a consoleport?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Not that I have came across.

Edited by Sand

Oddly enough, I've read the same objections raised against the Alien game. Not on this board, but in places where having such opinions wouldn't be considered trolling. The complaints seem to be that it's not going to be a pure PC game and Obsidian doesn't make the kind of games that cater to the setting. I like to point out that faults of old Obs games won't necessarily make it into the Alien game, and that the game has great potential, but when you know absolutely nothing about a game naysayers will always have the edge in an argument.

Uh, that article says absolutely nothing about the game being on the Xbox360. It's completely baseless speculation. The only thing they know is that the game is using the same game engine as Oblivion.

Now clearly we won't have turn based combat in 2D, but I don't need that to make a game Fallout. I need excellent characters and storylines, an awesome post-apocalyptic world, and the SPECIAL character creation system. I think Bethesda is a decent enough company, so I'll reserve judgement until I actually play the game.

Uh, that article says absolutely nothing about the game being on the Xbox360.  It's completely baseless speculation.  The only thing they know is that the game is using the same game engine as Oblivion. 

Now clearly we won't have turn based combat in 2D, but I don't need that to make a game Fallout.  I need excellent characters and storylines, an awesome post-apocalyptic world, and the SPECIAL character creation system.  I think Bethesda is a decent enough company, so I'll reserve judgement until I actually play the game.

Stop it. The kiddies want to make fun of Fallout 3. Simple reading comprehension need not apply.

Seriously though, it's funny that the title implies that it is "Not unlikely says Bethesda" yet, as you pointed out, there's nothing from anyone that even hints at it. All it is is the author saying it would make sense.

Uh, that article says absolutely nothing about the game being on the Xbox360.  It's completely baseless speculation.  The only thing they know is that the game is using the same game engine as Oblivion. 

Now clearly we won't have turn based combat in 2D, but I don't need that to make a game Fallout.  I need excellent characters and storylines, an awesome post-apocalyptic world, and the SPECIAL character creation system.  I think Bethesda is a decent enough company, so I'll reserve judgement until I actually play the game.

QFT

IB1OsQq.png

Pessimist or no, I just can't imagine the Fallout "feel" recreated on the Oblivion engine... It's like opposites that meet, matter - antimatter, pasta - antipasta etc. :'(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'll wait until I see something from the game itself before even thinking of forming an opinion. Or something.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I bet its going to be awesome!

I'm ready to order now.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"It will be dumb downed just like Oblivion was I am sure."

Says someone who LOVES Oblivion. :crazy:

FO3 is being made by Bethesda which means the chances for me to like it are very, very low. :bat:

FO3 is being made by Bethesda which means the chances for Sand to like it is very, very high. :bat:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'll wait until I see something from the game itself before even thinking of forming an opinion.  Or something.

Seriously, where's the forum based fun in that?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."