question!

a lightsaber creation feat? that wouldn't be necessary as part of the initiations into Jedi Knighthood requires you to build your own Lightsaber - so in effect every Jedi (and Sith) would have that feat automatically..

But it says somewhere in both KOTOR games that the red crystals are a bit unstable - they payoff is that it is capable of sometimes breaking through other beams.. which is why I would guess some Sith use them.. quite nifty to simply swing through your enemies blade!

we do? well, for story reasons, perhaps it can be said that we do....however, in both KOTORs, you had to FIND extra lightsabers (not to mention you had to talk to your teacher every time you buffed up your personal crystal). I would prefer that lightsabers are very hard to come by unless you make them. Hence, the Create/Upgrade Lightsaber feat.

It could also fork into different subcategories, such as creating synthetic crystals, which, for instance, might be a 2nd level feat for a Sith but a 3rd level feat for a Jedi.

we do?  well, for story reasons, perhaps it can be said that we do....[1]however, in both KOTORs, you had to FIND extra lightsabers ([2]not to mention you had to talk to your teacher every time you buffed up your personal crystal).  I would prefer that lightsabers are very hard to come by unless you make them.  Hence, the Create/Upgrade Lightsaber feat.

[3]It could also fork into different subcategories, such as creating synthetic crystals, which, for instance, might be a 2nd level feat for a Sith but a 3rd level feat for a Jedi.

[1] Well you did defeat somewhat of an army of Sith, all carrying Lightsabers, which for obvious reasons made them quite accessable!

[2] Kreia needed to focus the crystal on your allignment, something you weren't able to do.. And while it seemed pretty easy - I'm guessing it wasn't! :(

[3] This is actually a good idea.. as it could work like creating items in Kotor2 did - but with the difference that you require the feat before your current skills allows you to create different synthetical crystals..

Fortune favors the bald.

The question has been answered and we are now going way off topic.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester