question!

The theorys I've heard and read about that range from lightsabre crystals being created by the force-red being the colour you end up with if you use the darkside to create them. (Inconsistant with every referance I've read about lightsabre crystals it has to be said). To Red crystals sometimes shorting out other lightsabres when they connect-the Obi-Wan/Vader fight on the Death star in SW IV being used as an example (Although that effect was more likely down to the angle of the shot). Then of course it could be that the only crystals the Sith used on Korriban happened to be red, and it became a tradition for Sith to have red blades as a result. (And if it was traditional for Sith to have red blades that would explain why Jedi used every colour but red for their blades).The latter explination is the one I'd favour as its the simplest one.

Edited by Darth Mortis

yes, this is one area where the KOTOR games have not been consistent with EU lore (not the only example).

previously, it was thought that red crystals do not exist naturally but are always synthetic creations of the dark side.

of course, in the KOTOR games, red is quite abundant and naturally-existing.

at any rate, I would like to see the next game get into that a bit more....would be quite possible if they introduced a Create Lightsaber feat, etc.

a lightsaber creation feat? that wouldn't be necessary as part of the initiations into Jedi Knighthood requires you to build your own Lightsaber - so in effect every Jedi (and Sith) would have that feat automatically..

But it says somewhere in both KOTOR games that the red crystals are a bit unstable - they payoff is that it is capable of sometimes breaking through other beams.. which is why I would guess some Sith use them.. quite nifty to simply swing through your enemies blade!

Fortune favors the bald.

If your both exerting force but yours goes through their's your body would follow, so it would be down to luck for who gets killed first. It would be practical if they're blocking but not in a difficult fight with saber locking that makes the crackly sound.... :aiee:

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I don't think people throw themselves over each other when laser beams are involved - I would try and keep my distance while swinging hard at them using the entire length of the blade! that way, if it went through, it would still cut them without loosing my balance and falling on their blade..

Fortune favors the bald.

The crystals that the Jedi use are primarily natural. Even though some Jedi have preferred to use synthetic crystals. Also, there is nothing that keeps a Jedi from using a color other than blue or green except for availability and abundance. Adi Gallia was a Jedi Master and member of the High Council, but she used a red blade and implemented a back-hand fighting style viewed by most other Jedi as unorthodox.

Though the Sith are known for using synthetic crystals, it is certainly not a creed stating that they have to. Many Sith have been known to use natural crystals, and there have been some to use a "Jedi" color. Exar Kun, for example, used blue. But the preffere crystal of a Sith is the synthetic crystal. For one reason, because they happen to be more powerful, and perfect (free of irregularities), than the natural crystals associated with the Jedi. And also because during the crystal creation process, a Sith can use the Force to channel his/her emotions (hate, rage, fear) into the crystal itself, making a potent weapon against the blade of Jedi. After such hard work, the Sith could care less what color the crystal is. It just so happens that the majority of them end up as red, but any Sith would most likely settle with whatever color was produced during the process.

On the other hand, a Jedi can use the same methods as mentioned above, and create a synthetic crystal, but using the Force to channel good qualities. Luke Skywalker used this method to create his green crystal on Tatooine in Obi-Wan's hut.

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

Why do dark siders go out of their way to get red crystals for their lightsabers? WHy red? ANyone know?

Because red represents passion, and passion augments the dark side in its users. Just Mace's saber is purple because purple represents power, and Yoda's is green because green represents healing.

Edited by DarthReliguim

Why do dark siders go out of their way to get red crystals for their lightsabers? WHy red? ANyone know?

Because red represents passion, and passion augments the dark side in its users. Just Mace's saber is purple because purple represents power, and Yoda's is green because green represents healing.

Mace's is purple simply because it is Samuel L. Jackson's favorite color. Same reason the inside of his jacket was purple in Unbreakable.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, purple can be a colour asociated with power. The Roman Emperors wore purple robes, and the senators wore toga's with a purple line. But for the other colours, (yellow, blue and green) I don't think there is any symbolism behind them.

Unless some-one comes up with an excellent theory :blink:

Edited by Nesquaam

In KOTOR Dorak mentions something along the lines of the colour of the crystal not really being all that important, other than as a guide to what class of Jedi you happen to be. Best guess is that Jedi/Sith either pick colours that are traditonal for their class-Yoda has a green sabre, implying that he was a consular, Anakin used a blue sabre implying he was a guardian-Or they just pick whatever colour they like that happens to be avalible.

Sith/dark jedi might pick red sabres because they like the colour, or because it is easier to get a red crystal (or produce one, it could be that red crystals can be produced faster than any other colour, and sith are not known for their patience).

Jedi might pick colours the same way, choosing a colour they like from whatever is at hand. Or they could pick colours that refure to their class, or they could pick the same colour as whoever trained them.

I'm pretty sure its exactly like other people have said. The colors derived from red, orange, etc represent more anger, lust, emotion, etc which are all sith. Green, blue, etc are more calming, serene colors which corresponds with jedi teachings.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Umm... only 1000 years

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yeah, what a jerks.

I could've waited atleast 5000 years!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)