NHL

Darque

The Calgary coach shoudl have been suspened for the rest of this series (whether it be 1 or 2 games). There is no doubt in my mind that he put McLennan in for that purpose, and the league agrees apparantly with the fines (though, I thinks fines are stupid as it's STEALING money).l

Calgary is scum.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yup. And, good. Calgary has two strikes against them that makes me happy they're no longer.

1. They're a one man team. This would have been a swept wthout Kip.

2. They're a bunch of thugs, and their coach acts like he's a mob boss sending out hit men to 'take out' the enemy.

GO GO DETROIT!

Canucks kept the faith and proved my prediction right. Vancouver over Dallas in 7. :D

Linden leads all active players with 6 Game 7 goals (6 assists as well) with the game winning goal tonight and an assist on the second empty net goal. Vancouver deserved this one. Turco kept the Stars in it during the second period onslaught. The final score is right where it should have been thanks to the two empty netters.

Vancouver has won which means my predictions were pretty accurate as I went 7-1.

Anyways, I deserve the one loss for doubting the great Martin Brodeur.

Second round will be tougher to predict as the results won't be so obvious; but here goes nothing...

Eastern Conference:

(1) Buffalo vs. (6) NY Rangers: I'm bias here. Buffalo is awesome, and will likely be favored to win. I think the Rangers have the edge in goal, and match up well on offense so I say Rangers in 6...

(2) New Jersey vs. (4) Ottawa: It's *really* hard to go against Broduer for the second straight series; but it looks like Ottawa is in it for the long haul. Ottawa also in 6.

Western Conference:

(1) Detroit vs (5) San Jose: SJ has, perhaps, the deadliest 1-2 punch in the league with Thornton/Cheecho; but Detroit is way too strong, and Hasek already won his match up (well.. kind of unfair to Kip since he played that series solo, lol) with a fewllo top goalie in Hasek. Detroit in 7; but SJ could upset if they can solve Hasek.

(2) Anaheim vs. (3) Vancouver: Hmmm.. Tough, tough, tough. Hard to go against Lungo; but Anaheim is one of those teams that are simply better than their opposition. Plus, it's hard to to argue against the Pronger/Neidrmayer combo. Anaheim in 7.

One could easily go 0-4 in this round or 4-0. It'll likely be split down the middle.

We shall see..

P.S. I know the Rangers will, in all probableness, lose their series. My hockey sense says they likely will; my biasness blindly convinces me that they will go 16-0.

L0L0L0LLIPOP

Ha, what a great game. Just got back from GM Place. How grand! My first game of the Playoffs, and it's game seven.

First period was really meh; they weren't relaxed at all and the Stars managed to get a goal to slip by. Second period is where we came on strong...the puck was in their zone basically the entire time and Henrik managed to even it up with a quick one past their goal. Third period was great, real intense, and Linden's goal really decided it, and the Canucks just kept up their aggressive plays. Those extra two open net ones just sent the crowd wild...

Next up, the not-so-mighty Ducks. No idea how it's gonna go...they really impressed me with their first series, but then again, they do not have Roberto Luongo. Who knows.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

After the first me and my roommates were pretty doom and gloom. Thankfully the 2nd period hit and the Sedin's not only ended their slump, but did it on the power play, ending our cold streak there too.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ok, prediction time. I went 6-8 in the previous round, although my expected games played was way off.

East:

Buffalo over NYR in 7. I think the Rangers will extend the series to 7 with pure grit, but they can't roll 4 lines like Buffalo and that will wear them down.

New Jersey over Ottawa in 6. I was shocked that Ottawa beat the Pens, but they are facing a lot more experience in the Devils. Ottawa doesn't do well against strong defensive teams.

West:

San Jose over Detroit in 5. Detroit doesn't have the depth to keep up with San Jose. The Sharks had 3rd and 4th liners playing over 12 minutes a game in the last series. Detroit really only has one line that's dangerous, so it just needs to be shut down. They don't need to solve Hasek, they just need to pepper him. Detroit also isn't disciplined enough and will likely take more penalties than San Jose.

Anaheim over Vancouver in 6. I like Loungo, but it was pretty disturbing how many times this theam got shut out against Dallas. Anaheim has a more potent offense and won't need too many goals to beat the 'Nucks.

Guest Accept

Oooh, yes. Seems like Zetterberg is (well, atleast a bit) on his way back to his standard form again. :-

And yes, Huselius to the World Cup. It shall be quite interesting to see him in the yellow & blue skirt again, after his former... inconvience at the Swedish Hockey Game 2005, when he got suspended from the the Swedish National Team for 2 years.

Anyways, GO RED WINGS!

Whatever happened with that lawsuit?

And I see I went an abysmal .500 in my predictions, with my game totals being even more out of whack.

Hopefully I do better this time.

BUF vs. NYR: yes, yes, we all know Buffalo is unstoppable. But I heard that the last time the Rangers swept in the first round they went to the cup finals. Since I'm a sucker for nostalgia, I'll pick the Rangers in seven. What the hell, I've tanked the playoff predictions already.

NJD vs OTT: I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jersey will bore Ottawa to death and win this series by playing the ugliest defensive zone trap seen since the Minnesota Wild emerged into the league. It'll take seven.

DET vs. SJ : Sorry kids, but Thornton > all of Detroit. Sharks in five

ANA vs. VAN: I'll be wearing my retro 'V' Canucks jersey for this one. What we're looking at is two teams that don't really score a lot. Do you favor Prongerweinermeyer or Luongo? The mighty Sucks will win this one, but my heart hopes that Vancouver will wear them down enough that Anaheim gets swept in the conference final. Go ahead and prove me wrong, Vancouver, please? Pretty please? With sprinkles on top??

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Whatever happened with that lawsuit?

And I see I went an abysmal .500 in my predictions, with my game totals being even more out of whack.

Hopefully I do better this time.

BUF vs. NYR: yes, yes, we all know Buffalo is unstoppable. But I heard that the last time the Rangers swept in the first round they went to the cup finals. Since I'm a sucker for nostalgia, I'll pick the Rangers in seven. What the hell, I've tanked the playoff predictions already.

NJD vs OTT: I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jersey will bore Ottawa to death and win this series by playing the ugliest defensive zone trap seen since the Minnesota Wild emerged into the league. It'll take seven.

DET vs. SJ : Sorry kids, but Thornton > all of Detroit. Sharks in five

ANA vs. VAN: I'll be wearing my retro 'V' Canucks jersey for this one. What we're looking at is two teams that don't really score a lot. Do you favor Prongerweinermeyer or Luongo? The mighty Sucks will win this one, but my heart hopes that Vancouver will wear them down enough that Anaheim gets swept in the conference final. Go ahead and prove me wrong, Vancouver, please? Pretty please? With sprinkles on top??

Tomorrow we're barbecuing some duck as a symbolic sacrifice to the Hockey Gods for Vancouver's victory.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Damn that damn playoff monkey!! Although her brain is somewhat smaller than mine, I'm sure the amount of pot I was smoking the night I made my predictions probaly cancelled that out.

And seriously, why was there no boarding call to Ladislav Nagy on Morrison last night? Or at least cross checking?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I would have posted all my predictions for play offs and what not, but I forgot my password and have only just got around to resetting it.

Anyway:

NYR vs. BUF: Buffalo in 5. This may be wishful thinking on my part.

NJD vs. OTT: Devils in 7.

DET vs. SJS: Sharks in 5. Must-Make-Finals!

ANA vs. VAN: I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Canucks in 7.

...playing the ugliest defensive zone trap seen since the Minnesota Wild emerged into the league.

WTFBBQ?!?!1!131234123425

Have you seen Gaborik fly?! NO I DIDN'T THINK SO!

He's definitely not boring to watch.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

So, anyone know the ettiquette of the Playoff Beard? Like, am I allowed to trim this? Cuz I already had sideburns and a goatee so having two levels of hair growth looks ridiculous.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So, anyone know the ettiquette of the Playoff Beard? Like, am I allowed to trim this? Cuz I already had sideburns and a goatee so having two levels of hair growth looks ridiculous.

Supposedly you are allowed to trim it after a loss. >_<

...playing the ugliest defensive zone trap seen since the Minnesota Wild emerged into the league.

WTFBBQ?!?!1!131234123425

Have you seen Gaborik fly?! NO I DIDN'T THINK SO!

He's definitely not boring to watch.

Actually, Swede, I have probably watched a lot more Minny games than you have. And Gabby can fly. This season has been the exception to Lemaire's rule.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I should probably get my second round predictions out there before the games start, so here they are! :bat:

Eastern Conference:

Buffalo vs New York: Sorry Volo, but as well as the Rangers played in the first round I just don't think they will be able to win 4 against Buffalo. Buffalo won't sleepwalk through this series and will take it in 6 games.

Ottawa vs New Jersey: With all due respect to Brodeur I don't think he'll be enough. Ottawa will have their hands full with the stifling defensive game, but their depth up front will give them an edge. Ottawa in 7 games.

Western Conference:

Detroit vs San Jose: Sorry Detroit, but this team won't be relying on it's goaltender to make 80 saves per game. San Jose is fast enough that I think they'll be able to pepper Hasek for more than 20 shots a game. Sane Jose will take this in 6 games.

Anaheim vs Vancouver: As much as I hate to say this, I have to go with Anaheim in this round. I just don't think that Vancouver is playing well enough to beat Anaheim. They'll need to be much better if they hope to win. Anaheim wins this 5 games.

Damn... No 16-0 for the Rangers; but they can still reach 16 wins though!!!

P.S. Now, I'm stuck feeling the pain of the team losing like all of you who choose teams that lost games in the first round.

R00fles!