NHL

Darque

first post. leafs win, despite being badly outshot. unfortunately tucker is still not back, and likely won't be until after the all-star break.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Yes, they do. Everytime that 386 they host the server on goes through 1000 posts in a row, it almost chokes.

Anyhow, we won 3-2 on away ice! I predicted 5-2, but I'll take 3-2 any day :()

The horrible thing is that despite winning a few, we're still second to last in the Northeast, only two points ahead of Boston.. who's played three games LESS than us. We're sooo missing the play-offs this year too. Unless we get like a.. 66%+ win statistic in the last half of the season. Fat chance.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You know if you would have told me at the start of the season that Teemu Salami was going to be the first player to crack thirty goals, I would have called you crazy... :lol:

And get well soon, Jarret Stoll!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

It's pretty odd how well guys like Shanahan and Selanne have managed to do, and now even Owen Nolan is looking like his old self! I guess the new rules really have had an impact on how long people can play at a high level in the NHL.

the blues, btw, are now only 3 wins out of .500. they've moved ahead of chicago now, too. of course, in 3rd place 21 points out of 2nd is nothing to write home about. if they keep up the pace, however, earning 15 points every 20 point opportunity (7-2-1 last 10 games), they'll finish out the season at 101 points. woohoo!!! :mellow:

yeah, i know, tough pace to maintain, but their playoff chances are increasing rapidly. i wouldn't be surprised if they do end up with over 90 points for the season, which could easily be playoff material.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I just thought of something. Calgary made it to the finals in '04 while Edmonton made it to the finals in '06. With the way that Vancouver has been playing lately, do you think that they will make it this year? That would make it three consecutive season in which the West was won by a Northwest division team, the third consecutive Canadian team that won the West and all three appearing in alphabetical order.

Maybe I'm just looking way too much into this...

The Hawks lost to the Wild 3-0, good times. I think this represents the low water mark for the team this year. In news that doesn't suck, ESPN had a nice article about the impending greatness of one Jonathan Toews. The only that would be better then hearing about this kid would be that Jerry Reinsdorf was buying the team.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Same here.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

all i know is that the blues won again, with yet another shutout for legace. give him a few teammates that can actually handle a puck, and oila, goaltender.

12-4-4 since murray, btw. and two of those losses were right as he started.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

8-2. Against Pittsburgh. No matter how crappy your teams are playing, the Leafs will do it worse.

Edited by mkreku

I'm glad the All-Star break is here. Wish I could say I won't watch the game, but I dunno what will happen without any new highlights/games to watch over the next few days.

And heal up soon, Jarret Stoll.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I don't understand why the NHL keeps playing the All Star game. I would rather see the skill competition than the ice ballet game. They should market the skill competition like a mini-Olympics for hockey players, and make them more serious. Like have qualifying races in each and every team for the speed competition, and either broadcast or at least publish the results. Then have a finals that's televised.

Or something. :p

Might be more difficult to sell jersey's at a skills competition

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I read a suggestion somewhere that instead of a Younstars game, they should play all the top prospects from the minors against each other. That way you'd have an actual competition, as those guys are competing for scouting looks.

I also think the Legends game was more entertaining, as it's good to see some retired players out on the ice. I don't think they should wear helmets though, but I guess that's not safe.

There are some serious flaws with the skills competition, but I guess that's because no one seems to take them all that seriously. Instead of just counting every goal in the shootout, they should have judges rate the difficulty and such. Crosby just shot 5 hole the whole time *yawn*

I don't understand why the NHL keeps playing the All Star game. I would rather see the skill competition than the ice ballet game. They should market the skill competition like a mini-Olympics for hockey players, and make them more serious. Like have qualifying races in each and every team for the speed competition, and either broadcast or at least publish the results. Then have a finals that's televised.

Or something. :o

I thought the best part of the All-Star game was watching Turco go WTF mate?! when Souray took his slapshot with 30 seconds left in the third.

All Star games ar efun. I don't think it needs to be super serious to be fun to watch. I'm one who tends to like low scoring games; but sometimes it's fun to watch the goal scorers go hog wild.

Good stuff. :joy:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.