HBO gives me geekgasms.

Oerwinde

A Song of Ice and Fire

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=thud&id=8544

Yes, they are planning a 7 season Song of Ice and Fire series. This coming only like a month after their announcement of a 5 season Preacher series.

HBO = Teh Awesome.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Wow wow, WOW! It's like freaking geekheaven!

I was slightly worried that SoIaF might get movie treatment since it's so popular right now, but this is great news. I personally have never read Preacher, but if it is HBO, it's got to be good.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I made a mess in my pants :(

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm intrigued by the Preacher series, but as CHUD points out in another article, the pilot's being written by the guy who wrote the POS Daredevil movie, and being directed by the guy who directed the Whole Ten Yards. So it's possible they could fumble this, but it's just the first episode. Could get into better hands farther on.

Preacher is becoming a television series?!?!? Holy crap! Almost literally. :(

It is one of my favorite comic books. All they need now is to do a Transmetropolitan series.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

it's geekasm... not geekgasm...

If your going to steal my word at least spell it correctly :(

And Song of Ice and fire sounds nice... too bad I don't get HBO. (they did make a comic about it though

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You're talking about the Duncan the Tall comics?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm intrigued by the Preacher series, but as CHUD points out in another article, the pilot's being written by the guy who wrote the POS Daredevil movie, and being directed by the guy who directed the Whole Ten Yards. So it's possible they could fumble this, but it's just the first episode. Could get into better hands farther on.

Superherohype talked to MSJ after the announcement and he said that the whole ten yards guy was just one of a few directors they were looking at. Also, in the Daredevil commentary MSJ talks about how the studio screwed up his movie, and once you see the directors cut, you see he was speaking truth. The Directors cut is so much better its silly.

Also, SHH recently talked to him and he says the script is pulled nearly directly from the comic.

As for a Transmet series... I would love that. Its my 2nd favorite series after Lucifer. I see the SciFi network doing that if anyone does.

Devastatorsig.jpg

A Song of Ice and Fire

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=thud&id=8544

Yes, they are planning a 7 season Song of Ice and Fire series. This coming only like a month after their announcement of a 5 season Preacher series.

HBO = Teh Awesome.

the Fire and Ice novels

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Song of Ice and Fire is one of best series ever.

Only LotR and Dark Tower surpasses it, both barely.

Very high peak of fantasy genre.

And this indeed sounds good :aiee:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

As for a Transmet series... I would love that. Its my 2nd favorite series after Lucifer. I see the SciFi network doing that if anyone does.

There is no way in hell Sci Fi would do a Transmetropolitan series. It's too controversial and has too much freaky stuff going on. Sci Fi channel, for all it's niche glory, still basically plays by the same rules as does the major networks, providing fairly safe content (Battlestar Galactica could be seen as somewhat controversial, but it's cleverly enough hidden not to be blatant).

It'd require channels such as HBO or Showtime to show an interest, possibly FX. But I think it's too out there even for them (and in those cases the cyberpunk setting probably speaks against it). At least Preacher is somewhat grounded in the real world. It's a bit similar to Carnivale in a way, so HBO could be a good fit (although they canceled Carnivale, so who knows).

I love Transmetroplitan and think it's a fantastic read. But the odds of it making the transition to American television are really bad. Maybe if the Global Frequency pilot had been picked up and then turned into a hit, Warren Ellis name alone could sell it. But since it didn't I just can't see it happening. Nor am I sure it should. Transmetropolitan is a perfect fit for the medium it was published in. I'm not sure it'd fare well in the transition.

Preacher is becoming a television series?!?!?  Holy crap!  Almost literally.  :rolleyes:

It is one of my favorite comic books.  All they need now is to do a Transmetropolitan series.

Preacher and Transmetropolitan. Awesome. If they ruin Preacher though, I'd hate them forever.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The problem is this... The only actor I can think of who can play the Saint of Killers good happens to be dead. Jack Palace. He would have made a kickarse Saint of Killers. Clint Eastwood could pull it off but I don't see him doing a small screen gig ever.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

The problem is this...  The only actor I can think of who can play the Saint of Killers good happens to be dead.  Jack Palace.  He would have made a kickarse Saint of Killers.  Clint Eastwood could pull it off but I don't see him doing a small screen gig ever.

What about Bill Nighy?

He is a possibility.

Who do you think should play Cassidy?

He is a possibility.

Who do you think should play Cassidy?

The only actor anyone had heard of that me and my friends thought would be decent as Cassidy was Tim Roth.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think whoever plays Jesse would have to be some unknown new guy. Really make the character distinctive.

I think Colin Farrell could do Cassidy.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I guess Yao Ming could play the Mountain that Rides when hes in full armor

Man, I can't wait to see the Cleganes

Hopefully they can get the guy who played Richard the Lionheart in the Blackadder series to play Robert Baratheon