Should marijuana be legal?

thepixiesrock

It is ?

Who frowns ?

You do know public intoxication is illegal and many places have smoking inside restraunts and bars as illegal, right?

I'd call that frowning.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

We just had a vote for the legalization of marijuana and smoking in restruants and such. Marijuana got utterly destroyed. And for some reason people voted to ban smoking pretty much everywhere rofl. I think that they should ban smoking in resturants unless they have actual divisions in sections. But inside of a bar that serves food like a sports bar is just ridiculous. But w/e i have delicious port of subs and i could care less. :o))))

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Where is "we"?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Public intoxication is only illegal if you live on a park bench. As for smoking bans in resturants, thats policy - as in you are not allowed - not frowning.

Yeah? Where are you from?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Public Intoxication is very illegal where I leave. Also smoking is banned in all public places where I live.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Where is "we"?

Nevada

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Is that Nevada as in the state or Nevada, Iowa as the town?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Where is "we"?

Nevada

Yeah, marijuana would not be good for an economy largely based on people staying up late and gambling, now drugs like cocaine or meth would really be a boon.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

State ;) Sucks here

Edit: Yeah thats one of the good things I see from marijuana. I mean they could tax it like cigarettes really heavily and we'd have enough money to fund our horribly ****ty education system or fund moer lucrative deals within the corrupt city. It's seriously like a joke here, but then again I've never been anywhere else so it could be just as bad.

Edited by theslug

You should try Iowa.

State ;) Sucks here

Edit: Yeah thats one of the good things I see from marijuana.  I mean they could tax it like cigarettes really heavily and we'd have enough money to fund our horribly ****ty education system or fund moer lucrative deals within the corrupt city.  It's seriously like a joke here, but then again I've never been anywhere else so it could be just as bad.

Well, I can tell you, unless someone developed some type of "super-marijuana" like in American Beauty alot consumers would simply grow their own.

State ;) Sucks here

Edit: Yeah thats one of the good things I see from marijuana.  I mean they could tax it like cigarettes really heavily and we'd have enough money to fund our horribly ****ty education system or fund moer lucrative deals within the corrupt city.  It's seriously like a joke here, but then again I've never been anywhere else so it could be just as bad.

I met some students from the university there, who were proud to tell me that their Finance syllabus is rated very highly. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I was speaking more about high school but the higher education is still kind of iffy. UNLV is a pos through and through. I just started college this year, in business administration at a different college in the state and it's pretty good just really small but the atmosphere is nice. The system is pretty messed up though since they are money hungry bastards. If you transfer from a university from within the same state to UNLV they won't transfer credits even if it's the same class.

Edited by theslug

alot consumers would simply grow their own.

This is why marijuana is not legal.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

originally a big reason it was made illegal is because the manufacturing of hemp into paper threaten american paper mills.

Actually, that isn't a particularly good reason; the government are pretty good at keeping the public from growing their own tobacco plants, for example.

The economies of scale provide better price, convenience and prestige of a brand would also help dissuade people from growing their own, too. Because I would not grow my own (though I might buy from a small boutique producer ... all of who will eventually be rationalised into bigger corporations ...).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well yes and no. I can only offer conjecture. I do not doubt that there would certainely be a market for commercial marijuana how big a market would be difficult to determine. A big part of marijuana is its potency, it has been shown that marijuana actually grows better when the spectrum of light that reaches it is manipulated and enviroment richer in Co2. Other things like hydroponics, growing plants with no soil, have become very popular in marijuana horticulture. Its unclear if these types of methods would be viable in the type of large yield production that larger corporate entities prefer to be stream line and cost efficient because they require an extremely large controlled enviroment.

Like you mentioned a smaller produer like a co-op might be more efficient in managing the resource and turning a profit. I do think that this uncertainty does play into keeping marijuana illegal, but it is a smaller factor then the loss that big tobacco and alcohol manufacturer (who are the largest contributors to marijuana prohibition) would almost certainly take.

New Miller brand marijuana bundled with Kraft mac and cheese?

Actually, that isn't a particularly good reason; the government are pretty good at keeping the public from growing their own tobacco plants, for example.

Compared to marijuana, tobacco is not an easy plant for a person to grow and process. So it's mostly the inconvenience.