Should marijuana be legal?

thepixiesrock

I don't mind one bit if marijuana becomes legal.  There are a number of medicinal uses for marijuana and it is no more mind altering than hard liquor.  Just as long as people use the drug in moderation and be smart about it, like they should with alcohol, then there shouldn't be a problem.

the use of drugs should stay medically secured and observed, not by letting people buy it in shops

IB1OsQq.png

You mean like alcohol and nicotine and caffeine and sugar?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The burning of cigarettes and marijuana is most likely insignificant, and as a result inconsequential to the concerns about global air pollution and the greenhouse effect.

The effect that 10,000,000 tons of air pollutants being released in the air is measurably the same as 10,000,000.0000000000001 tons of air pollutants being released in the air.

now take that number with the number of people X-times on earth who smoke, X- times per a day, and see what effect it would have if you just eradicate this.

IB1OsQq.png

... And chocolate and aspirin.

and heroine

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

You get enough sugar from regular food, you don't need to take it in its raw, pure form.

Heja Sverige!!

The Slug must do his shopping in interesting places.

Heja Sverige!!

The burning of cigarettes and marijuana is most likely insignificant, and as a result inconsequential to the concerns about global air pollution and the greenhouse effect.

The effect that 10,000,000 tons of air pollutants being released in the air is measurably the same as 10,000,000.0000000000001 tons of air pollutants being released in the air.

now take that number with the number of people X-times on earth who smoke, X- times per a day, and see what effect it would have if you just eradicate this.

The .0000000000000000001 was the sum of all people.

The result is insignificant. You'll learn about stuff like this in high school science (most likely physics).

The addition of cigarette smoke in the atmosphere is so many orders of magnitude lower than the rest of emissions that it essentially has zero effect. We're talking millions of tons of gas emissions here. You think people smoking cigarettes is going to make an impact?

Edited by alanschu

We should just let bygones be bygones you know. I mean i totaly understand your guys jealously issues, it's not everyday you have someone as awesome as myself come to these boards. Before i came, these boards were lame and like a phoenix from the ashes it's been reborn into something almost cool. No need for thanks guys, we can just leave it at I'm right, you're pretty much wrong. We can all agree that marijuana is for dirty immoral heathens. ONto the next topic! Abortion! :blink:

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

We should just let bygones be bygones you know.  I mean i totaly understand your guys jealously issues, it's not everyday you have someone as awesome as myself come to these boards.  Before i came, these boards were lame and like a phoenix from the ashes it's been reborn into something almost cool.  No need for thanks guys, we can just leave it at I'm right, you're pretty much wrong.  We can all agree that marijuana is for dirty immoral heathens.  ONto the next topic!  Abortion!  :huh:

:blink:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You're all so bad at debating.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You're all so bad at debating.

Not much debate. Most agree and the main one who did not was Slug and he was trapped by his own logic.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I certainly won't write a debate for you. Do your own research. However, here are some key points which you could focus on.

Pro:

-What people do to themselves is their own damn business (libertarianism)

-Compare to the Prohibition (i.e. it's counter-productive since the only benefactors are criminals)

-It's no more dangerous than smoking or drinking (which are legal)

-Reduction of the "forbidden fruit" effect

-Medicinal benefits

-Government gains the ability to monitor production for quality

-Government gains the ability to tax the sales

Con:

-It endangers others - driving while being high is particularly dangerous

-It would become more accessible to minors

-"Entrance" drug for more serious stuff

-If you legalize one drug, where do you stop? Why not legalize others?

I actually agree almost completely with this. I was just breaking you guys balls.

I am not going to look down on those who use drugs like MJ as long as they keep it private and do it in their own home. What one does in their own abode is no business of mine.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

And why would they have to keep it quiet ?

It's not illegal everywhere you know, some civilised countries allow it, or at least don't bother harassing people about it.

Same reason public drinking and smoking is frowned upon.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I personally indulge only in the vices of drinking and pie eating. However, I am of the same opinon as the British Medical Journal in that there is no medical evidence to suggest that marijuana is worse for you than alcohol, and as such I consider it hypocritical to make it illegal. I find it particularly strange that it is as illegal as it is.

A friend of mine who also does not use marijuana pointed out that by making something illegal which everyone is doing we undermine respect for the law. We disinhibit people from committing other crimes.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.