Should marijuana be legal?

thepixiesrock

Should marijuana be legalized? Why? Why not?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hell yeah it should be legal, 'cause smoking pot is da bomb

Yo Yo Yo, I wanna get high, so high

Edit: everyone knows you use da and not the

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It should be legalized for private consumption.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

I really think decriminalization is the right path

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's like you guys want me to write my debate myself. It's just like, uh.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I think we should decriminalize marijuana, that way people can enjoy its use without regulations put on it, like with alcohol.

If it were legal, then it could be taxed, people could be pulled over and subject to sobriety test, those types of things

Not everyone who smokes is a hippie.

Someone's getting defensive!

Closet hippy, obviously.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's like you guys want me to write my debate myself.  It's just like, uh.

I certainly won't write a debate for you. Do your own research. However, here are some key points which you could focus on.

Pro:

-What people do to themselves is their own damn business (libertarianism)

-Compare to the Prohibition (i.e. it's counter-productive since the only benefactors are criminals)

-It's no more dangerous than smoking or drinking (which are legal)

-Reduction of the "forbidden fruit" effect

-Medicinal benefits

-Government gains the ability to monitor production for quality

-Government gains the ability to tax the sales

Con:

-It endangers others - driving while being high is particularly dangerous

-It would become more accessible to minors

-"Entrance" drug for more serious stuff

-If you legalize one drug, where do you stop? Why not legalize others?

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Maybe if it were legalized, other less-rebellious people would be more willing to use it. Which would lessen the "hippie" connotation. Which would be a good thing for smokers who don't like drum circles and haven't mastered the art of hacky-sack.

@Kor: My ex-roommate had a lot of money. He spent it all on Phish bootlegs, Bonnaroo tickets, and lots and lots of weed. That would lead you to believe, "Oh, he's a hippie" but not so fast! He tends to vote Republican and majored in Finance. ;)

Real hippies would see through his tie-died shirt and love of the Dead to see the filthy capitalist underneath!

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

The biigest arguement for legalization for non-pot smokers is that the money used on the war on drugs could go towards education, The war on drugs is a bad joke, almost as bad as the Cold War

majored in Finance.

That's a definitive hippy degree.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hash is illegal for illogical reasons, as a soft drug it's certainly not worse than booze or cigarettes. My personal view is that I don't need the government to interfere with what recreational drugs I use as long as they aren't overly dangerous and don't have a serious secondary impact.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I think it should be outlawed, just like any other narcotic substance. The danger with marijuana is the unpredictability in its effect on people. Some people get mellow and happy, some just feel sick and some end up in a serious psychosis.

I really don't think our society needs yet another harmful drug to be easily accessible by everyone.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I ahte when people comapre drugs like marijuana to smking cigerattes. Poeple say it has the same harmful effect as smoking. That's bull. Smoking doens't cloud your mind. People who smoke don't lose control of their actions as people who smoke marijuana and espicially other heavier drugs do.

That's a pretty big difference between the two. :crazy:

As for legalizing it, I'd have to say, why not? Alcohol basically has the same mind wackoing effects and it's legal so....

What is good for the goose; is good for the gander.

However, I think incessant taxing on all of these things is just the governmental way of being greedy and attacking those who at least currently are in the minority. That's why the price of cigerrates keep getting even more ridiculous.

Complete, and utter crap. ;)

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.