Europa Universalis III Demo

Tigranes

They've hired Craig Mullins for concept work.. oooh, he's the most expensive in the bussiness. Flashy!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I've played it for a few minutes and reached the following conclusions:

The 3D map is completely pointless, and it feels like it was implemented just so that they could advertise the game as being 3d. Personally, aesthetically speaking, I liked the 2D from the previous games better.

The tutorials are of the "read text" variety as opposed to the "learn as you play" variety. I guess it may help some people that have played previous Paradox games. However, I think someone new to the game will gather exactly bugger all from going through the tutorials.

As for the game itself, I only played it for a year, but from what I saw, the military works as before, colonizing works as before and trade works a before. Diplomacy however, seems to be a bit deeper, giving you more options at least than it did in EU1. The overall nation controls are another part of the game that seem to have more options. Specifically, I don't remember the advisor screen, and the religious toleration screen.

Of course EU3 will be made or broken by the quality of the AI, and as such I'll have to delve deeper into the game to see how the AI dares.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've played it for a few minutes and reached the following conclusions:

The 3D map is completely pointless, and it feels like it was implemented just so that they could advertise the game as being 3d. Personally, aesthetically speaking, I liked the 2D from the previous games better.

Of course EU3 will be made or broken by the quality of the AI, and as such I'll have to delve deeper into the game to see how the AI dares.

Same conclusion here.. I would actually have preferred an updated version of the 2D map .. I'm also inclined to think that the graphics are actually worse (aesthetically speaking).. :crazy: They are very rigid..

But the quality of the game seems better than EU1+2.. the AI is (so far) more adaptive and apparently responds more fluently to your actions..

Fortune favors the bald.

EU1's interface was awful.

Heja Sverige!!

Wait, it's only 128mb?!

I can get it with my remaining bandwidth!

=]

Holy crap, I live in New Zealand and I'm getting 350kbps (that NEVER Happens in this country).

The 3D does look atrocious. A refinement of the 2D (with widescreen support) would have been much better. Then again, as long as the gameplay delivers....

Which I would possibly know if I'd try the game, I guess.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I've done some checking and the terrain appears to affect the movement of units on it. As such, units will, for example, walk around mountains.

Heja Sverige!!

Well, yes, but not in EU2's 2D map.

Heja Sverige!!

Well, okay. Installation fails around 50% because some western?stormHouse.tga or something has an invalid name or something. Tried downloading twice, didn't work.

Anyone know anything about that? :(

Meh, fileplanet = subscribers only. Are there any other sites with the file? Gamespot is subs too isnt it?

Meh, fileplanet = subscribers only. Are there any other sites with the file? Gamespot is subs too isnt it?

I just checked, it's available to non-subscribers on fileplanet.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh, it works now. Dunno what happened before. Thanks guys, hopefully this one works. I loved EU2 + AGCEEP, played a lot of it before it finally got routine. alanschu (or whoever) is right in that AI makes or breaks these games.

This is what this is called EU3, and not EU2. 2D has nothing to do with it.

I wasn't talking about EU2. Pidesco's statement seemed to be a general assessment of some advantage of 3D over 2D in the form of units needing to navigate around obstacles such as mountains. It wasn't. My mistake.