Can't get dirt side

This problem fist popped up on Koraban. Get there and step on the ramp, Party Selection screen pops up, everything fine, get off the Ebon Hawk.

Get back on the Ebon Hawk and try to get back dirt side . . . all I get is a black screen, and the green cursor. If I <alt> + <F4> I get the green "Are you sure. All data will be lost"(or something like that) [OK] [Cancel]

Not a big problem, I just did Koraban in one stop. Kill everything, get back on ship, head to next world. Did all the worlds, got called back by Queen, worked fine.

Now the problem is that Kreia will not talk to me until we go to Dantoine. Step on ramp > Party Selection > Black Screen.

Fond this on one of the forms . . .

Edit the "swkotor2.ini" file- Fixes the Dantooine Lag Issue

This edit is no longer required for most ATI users since the Catalyst 5.4 drivers have fixed the Dantooine Lag issue. However, I still recommend this step since the 5.4 drivers still don't give you the best performance on Dantooine.

Also, if you are still having problems with Dantooine, then this step is not optional. You will need to take this step to fix the problem.

* First, figure out where the .ini is installed. Default is "C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\swkotor2\swkotor2.ini". If its not in that location, then your going to have to do some searching around on the hard drive a bit.

* When you find it, just double-click on the file to open it in Notepad.

* Scroll down the file until you find the Graphics Options

* Under the last line, add "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1", without the quotes.

* Goto File, then Save.

and be for you ask, yes I did updates of everything . . . ATI X300/X550, Patch KotOR2, Windows Update, Movie Patch, Defrag, Virus Scan, Mel/Ad-ware scan.

Still can't get off the ship

I guess this is my GNC moment?

Uninstall . . . Wipe all KotOR files . . .Defrag . . . Reinstall . . . Defrag???

Ideas?

Anyone?

I actually had the same problem with nar shadaa. When I exited the ebon hawk my game would freeze on the load screen. The only thing I could do was ctrl-alt-delete to shut it down and it would ask if I was sure I would lose unsaved data.

I know for a fact that it was caused by the save game, because I uninstalled and reinstalled KOTOR 2 and had the same problem.