Twilight Princess is *MINE*!

Having been unable to make a preorder of the Gamecube version earlier, I had to look at Amazon.uk's marketplace every chance I had to find a copy being sold. Unfortunately most marketplace sellers are douches who seem to have some problem with Portuguistan. My luck changed today as I just found someone selling it like new. I quickly ordered it, and expect it to arrive between one to two weeks.

It cost me the eyes on my face but at least I still have the thumbs to play it!

:joy:

Having been unable to make a preorder of the Gamecube version earlier, I had to look at Amazon.uk's marketplace every chance I had to find a copy being sold. Unfortunately most marketplace sellers are douches who seem to have some problem with Portuguistan. My luck changed today as I just found someone selling it like new. I quickly ordered it, and expect it to arrive between one to two weeks.

It cost me the eyes on my face but at least I still have the thumbs to play it!

:joy:

If you actually get it, and in one piece

IB1OsQq.png

Sorry to burst your bubble but twilight princess wasn't that great from what i saw but then again who am i but a lowly transgendered slug. :)

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

If you actually get it, and in one piece

I never had any problems with Amazon.uk's marketplace sellers when it came to delivering things in great condition; it's just that some refuse to ship here while apparently shipping worldwide. About the only time I had a problem was when one of them sold me the Sierra Best-Sellers version of Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay when he clearly forget to advertise that it wasn't the original version, but it wasn't that important.

Sorry to burst your bubble but twilight princess wasn't that great from what i saw but then again who am i but a lowly transgendered slug.  :(

There are very few things of which I am a fervent fan of, but Zelda is one of them. From what I gathered it's got the usual design and feel of a Zelda game but doesn't really move the series forward. Which may be true, but seriously, tha has been true for nearly all of its titles.

Sorry to burst your bubble but twilight princess wasn't that great from what i saw but then again who am i but a lowly transgendered slug.  :(

There are very few things of which I am a fervent fan of, but Zelda is one of them. From what I gathered it's got the usual design and feel of a Zelda game but doesn't really move the series forward. Which may be true, but seriously, tha has been true for nearly all of its titles.

That's not true. Despite how many series staples still remain, every single Zelda game has had it's own unique gameplay features. Things like side-scrolling, season changing, time travel, unique time schemes and ocean sailing (I'm sure I'm forgetting a few). TP does have ONE thing, but it's so poorly implemented and it never becomes a major part of the gameplay outside one or two areas. The game could have done without it.

In the end, it's pretty much an Ocarina of Time redux.

A unique gameplay feature is not necessarily the same as advancing the series forward, especially if the features are exclusive to the games they're included in. Though the inclusion of one specific feature in several of the games is welcomed the series is still, at core, the same.

I don't like Zelda.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

What?

I tell you what game they need to make on the Gamecube or Wii. They need to bring back the Battletoads. :D

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I am surprise that you would make such a post on a forum that almost constantly screams "If its not Tim Cain, its CRAP!" Especially a console action CRPG. You are a brave man, RP. :D

I love how you have the exact same thread at rpgcodex, but with three exclamation marks in the title to our one. :(

Obviously RP is respecting our more sensitive grammatical sensibilities at Obz.

I.e. we would have ripped him apart...

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

You shouldn't assume that a site devoted to discussing traditional CRPGs would frown upon everything else, since people there have different tastes other than what is discussed. From FPS to JRPG to action adventure, it's got pretty varied tastes. I also had a duplicate of me PS2 acquisition thread at the Codex, and all the PS2 titles being discussed and suggested was a pretty good example of how varied tastes over there can be.

People can enjoy things they don't bitch about.

Yeah, there isn't as much side quests or really, interation with people. The story line alone has held my interest so far.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

What? I've heard nothing but good things about Twilight Princess. This is the first thread I've seen negatives.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

A unique gameplay feature is not necessarily the same as advancing the series forward, especially if the features are exclusive to the games they're included in. Though the inclusion of one specific feature in several of the games is welcomed the series is still, at core, the same.

Maybe. Those little quirks were what really made the games feel unique though.

TP in a lot of ways feels like vanilla Zelda. It's good... but I'll forget about it because all it really had was the core gameplay.