Jedi Consular\Guardian Build Help

Hi. I am trying to make a good Consular/Master and I want to be able to use dark side powers. I am so far considering two different attribute arrangements but am open to suggestions along with explanations. Also, should I just pump wisdom on lvl ups? I'm also wondering if I could beat handmaiden with the 10str 10dex 10con build.

STR 10

DEX 10

CON 10

INT 12

WIS 16

CHA 16

STR 10

DEX 14

CON 14

INT 12

WIS 14

CHA 14

I am trying to get my g/f started in TSL. She's not a super gamer so I thought guardian/weapon master would be easiest for her. Would these stats be easiest for her? And should she just pump strength on lvl ups? Thanks.

STR 16

DEX 16

CON 16

INT 8

WIS 8

CHA 8

Edited by krips

First, for the cosular, I'd go with the first build. and for the levelups, you really should consider a little cha, although you should go for wis most of time.

And for handmaiden-challenge, it is possible, but difficult. try using stims before talking to them, I think it works...

Finally, for the guardian: good choice of class.

as for the stats, you don't need the dex - spend those points on str or con or cha

and full str on lvlups seems like a good idea...

hope it helps

Sanity is for the weak!

Thanks for the reply, The Dark Master. For the guardian, was this closer to what you were thinking?

STR 18

DEX 12

CON 16

INT 8

WIS 8

CHA 8

Also, does anyone know a good guide for consulars? I've read the 'pure caster' guide (game faqs...neoseeker)...anything else? Any general tips?

Edited by krips

Closer, yes. Personally, though, I wouldn't have spent points on dex at all:

STR 18

DEX 8

CON 16

INT 8

WIS 8

CHA 12

Dex, if I recall, only improves your chances to hit with ranged weapons, and guardians should really go for close combat from the start

maybe I would have WIS instead of CHA... I can't make up my mind on that right now

Sanity is for the weak!

Your Dex bonus also affects your armour bonus as well as your ranged weapon skills. Having a dex score of 8 is a -1 to your armour class, not a problem if you have good armour but since you don't when you start (and you can't use a whole load of force powers with most armours) I'd advise against it.

You might find a more ballanced mix of stats would be better for your GF, until she has a better idea of how she likes to play (ranged or melee).

Example;

Str: 14

Dex: 14

Con:14

Int: 12

Wis: 12

Cha: 12

This grants a +1 bonus to most skills and abilities, +2 to melee and ranged attacks, +2 to the armour class and an extra +2 to your hit points per level. Sure there will be implants you can't use with this mix, but I've not found most of the high level implants to be all that useful since by the time I've found them I've got other items that do a better job.

I'd also be wary of picking a guardian/weapon master class for a starting char, guess it depends on your GF and how hard she finds fighting. I'd go for a sentinal class to start with, that way she can build up a couple of the basic skills and avoiding fighting in some areas. (Stealth for example can be useful on Peragus, if no where else).

That sounds smart DM...sentinal is a good well-rounded character for someone who doesnt know whether she wants to use melee or ranged or the force. She's just doing the 'r2' thing on peraugus...I guess I can use the star wars save editor and edit things without 'cheating'...just so she doesnt have to start over. Thx again.

For any jedi you want good STR, as however good you are with

force powers, you will probably want to use your saber occasionally.

The other musts are "either" WIS or CHA, this depends on your

intentions. If you are going for a "pure alignment" character then I

would suggest high WIS, if going for a mix/neutral then CHA will be

more important.

You can compensate for lack of intelligence (skills) with other characters.

Remember if you want the best implants you need at least CON 16 at the

start, a level 4 mental boost system adds 3 to WIS, CHA and INT, very

useful for any jedi (consular in particular) while the level 4 physical boost

is outsanding for a good guardian +3 to STR, CON and DEX. If you are

thinking generally, then the Level 4 "forgot the name, sorry" gives +2 to all

stats. :(

Therefore for a guardian I agree with "The Dark Master" although I would

go WIS 12, CHA 8 if you are after a pure LS or DS character.

For a first timer the high CHA would be better, as you generally tend

towards a mix of LS and DS first time round, until you get the hang of the

game.

Stealth is useful with Force Confusion. If not the strategic element, there's the entertainment value...

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

In response to the first post if you want to use dark side powers while being a jedi cha will be a very important attribute to you. You will have one heck of a time beating handmaiden with 10 str,dex, and con. Stims will only get you so far, and your lack of feats will hurt you additionally because your a consular. This build will best suit your charcter and what you hope to accomplsih with it in my opinion.

Str 12

Dex 12

Con 14

Int 12

Wis 14

Cha 14

For your g/f guardian build i reccomend giving her more con because it will leave her with more room for mistakes and will give her immediate access to the best implants. Be advised though, pumping an attribute to 18 while creating the character is only advised for less experienced players.

Str 16

Dex 12

Con 18

Int 8

Wis 8

Cha 8