NWN2: Patch Discussion

Gromnir

Since we are discussing the patches, why is 1.04 a beta? How can a patch be a beta, it's either done or it isn't. If it isn't done than it should not be released to the public.

It isn't done. It's in beta stage and needs testing, which is why it doesn't automatically appear on the downloader. We could mess around with it internally using a dozen people or we could allow superfans to check it out with all appropriate warnings. The latter is a lot more effective -- and wholly voluntary.

no doubt you is correct... but if an appropriate cost v. benefit model for manhours had been in place for nwn2, you might not have a job at obsidian as lead... so be thankful for the ineptitude of those not so easily forgotten.

HA! Good Fun!

Ohhhhhh snap! Oh no you di'nt!

Truth can give a nast sting...

On a side note, isn't it about time we stop using the word manhours for people that make computer games? Sure, it is almost entirely males that work on them, but men? Geekhours or nerdhours seems more appropriate.

Do know that I say this with all love and kindness. I scored 'major geek' on the Geek Test

Edited by damonors

no doubt you is correct... but if an appropriate cost v. benefit model for manhours had been in place for nwn2, you might not have a job at obsidian as lead...

I would have been lead on the project I'm on now, anyway. I would much rather have seen NWN2 go out in better shape and simply had "additional design" credits on the game. Anyone who's more concerned about their credits on a title than how it turns out has their head in the wrong place.

Well, if there is a possibility there are a number of base classes I like to see added. Scout, Dusk Blade, Warmage, and the such. What would be really cool is a class (base or prestige) creation wizard in the tools set that way we as players can make our own classes with relative ease.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

some good news:

Quote: Posted 01/12/07 23:39 (GMT) by Rob McGinnis

The release notes are just a repost of Nathaniel's list.

The fix for the Win2k issue will be in the final release of the 1.04 patch.

Until that time, you Win2k users can download the .dll file from Microsoft's website, I am told.

-----------------------------------

1. 1.05 is in early process

2. Hide & Invis is intended for 1.05

3. Manyshot should be fixed in 1.04

4. Rapidshot should be fixed in 1.04

5. Practiced Spellcaster should be fixed in 1.04

6. Looping cutscene in Tavorick's manor intended for 1.04 final

7. Quick slots emptying on transition or cutscene should be fixed 1.04

I will try to answer some patch questions here. Check back with this post for updates.

now, among other things, we still need Grobnar sending party mates into rage spiral fixed... and last time we checked, joinables continue to use potions even if we use ai to disable item use. furthermore, we notice that sometimes the crossroads keep special missions inexplicably discontinue advancing. at what point does special missions stop? is it a time thing or % complete thing or a chapter thing?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Priorities? Who cares about cosmetics, when you can't even play the game in multiplayer without minute-long monster-lags. Or the fact that a small tavern-module is the size of a whole chapter in NWN1? Gonna need entire server-clusters just to run a small village.

Maybe one could adress such issues first, and discuss minuscule details like "snapshot for rangers in manamode over lvl 14 doesn't work when facing orcs who wear studded-leather", and similar stuff later on?

Thankee..

J.

Edited by Junai

the numbers of persons who actually play nwn mp is relative small. those issues that is vital to junai will never be a factor for the overwhelming majority of nwn2 purchasers.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)