Different Endings Different Places

I would like if you could end the game in different areas, that would like me to play again  and again, because in the first one ur last place would always be tthe star forge.

what do u think

Probably too time consuming to code different ending areas. Although, if the Sith and Jedi storylines are vastly different, you never know.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I would like if you could end the game in different areas, that would like me to play again  and again, because in the first one ur last place would always be tthe star forge.

what do u think

Location is a minor thing if you want great replayability, different storybranches is better IMO.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There is a general rule throughout semi-linear RPGs that have any story at all (Morrowind can bite me). You start out (usually with one main goal in mind). You may do a number of sidequests while you follow that main goal, with no idea of the larger happenings until you achieve that initial goal. Usually, you will have to leave that area and never return, soon after. After that is when any major revelation or change is made. You are then set loose to wander your limited 

world(s). At each of the locations that are part of the main quest, you examine what is happening, and gradually more and more of the big idea is fed to you. Then, once you've visited all of those locations, you usually know the entire point of the story. After you continue advancing past that point for a while you will find yourself in the homestretch with no option to go back. The plot is usually completed wth an epic battle with whoever was behind what set the plot in motion, which may be (and usually is) personal to your character, and thus fought alone is that is the case. Whatever started everything is usually what the final battle will be over. It ends there.

THat is how it goes. The Star Forge was the homestretch. It was what started the whole thing, thus it must be what ends it, one way or another. How could you destroy the Star Forge and Malak from Kashyk? It wouldn't work with the story, and story is what these games are all about. To summarize what I just said:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a general rule throughout semi-linear RPGs that have any story at all (Morrowind can bite me). You start out (usually with one main goal in mind). You may do a number of sidequests while you follow that main goal, with no idea of the larger happenings until you achieve that initial goal. Usually, you will have to leave that area and never return, soon after. After that is when any major revelation or change is made. You are then set loose to wander your limited 

world(s). At each of the locations that are part of the main quest, you examine what is happening, and gradually more and more of the big idea is fed to you. Then, once you've visited all of those locations, you usually know the entire point of the story. After you continue advancing past that point for a while you will find yourself in the homestretch with no option to go back. The plot is usually completed wth an epic battle with whoever was behind what set the plot in motion, which may be (and usually is) personal to your character, and thus fought alone is that is the case. Whatever started everything is usually what the final battle will be over. It ends there.

THat is how it goes. The Star Forge was the homestretch. It was what started the whole thing, thus it must be what ends it, one way or another. How could you destroy the Star Forge and Malak from Kashyk? It wouldn't work with the story, and story is what these games are all about. To summarize what I just said:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[right][post=92235]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]

The SF was only the final straight cos that is how the story was written! I think it would be nice to have different final locations depending on who you side with in the game.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Bah. KOTOR's storyline sucked. You were railroaded through the lightside story, whether you were lightside or not. Even after the temple with the dark side choice, it was the same thing, but with different NPCs, better cutscenes (MUCH better), and three n00Bz to waste instead of Bastila.

It's already been said that your choices will change things, as this quote below says.

We are definitely putting a lot of effort into making sure that this game can be replayed different ways, with different events, missions and outcomes based on your decisions and the manner in which you choose to tackle the challenges put before you.

I'm just hoping it's in a more significant way, rather than KOTOR 1's lame attempt at making you think you're in control.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

I don't exactly care about the locations of the game's ending, so long as the story development is excellent and the actual ending itself is long and satisfying. KotOR had an extremely weak ending compared to the rest of the game's depth. I hope TSL does not make the same mistake. However, multiple story branches, especially for each side, would have a great effect on replayability.

I don't exactly care about the locations of the game's ending, so long as the story development is excellent and the actual ending itself is long and satisfying. KotOR had an extremely weak ending compared to the rest of the game's depth. I hope TSL does not make the same mistake. However, multiple story branches, especially for each side, would have a great effect on replayability.

Obsidian have stated that they want a more fulfilling ending than KotOR, i think it was MCA who said that they want a similar ending like in the Fallouts.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy