kotor 2 player problem

iv wonderd this, sometimes, alot of times, when ever i talk to a party member, or i just get out of combat, for some reason my party members fall to the dark side, and its just random, they can be lightside then u fight, or talk about something, ( not gaining influence) and then they are just dark side, is there a way to fix this problem? or does anyone know why it even happens? I would try to unistall my game but it wont unistall, for some reason the setup folder cannot be found, iv tried everything, its just gone, but the game still plays, but it wont let me unistall/reistall without the folder.

I must say the problem you described sounds very odd!

Do you by any chance have 2 drives? If so check them both.

Though you probably already know this but Try finding the "Lucas Arts" folder,if all else fails......well as much of a pain as it is i highly suggest you rei-install Windows(whatever version you have)

You could of course try this method:

Start>Search and type Star Wars,Lucas Arts etc. and see if Windows can find the files.

But in all honesty this problem you described is very odd indeed i have never heard of someone having this kind of problem :S

Usually people's Uni-Installer is corrupt but not the whole folder disappearing......

Sorry that i couldn't be of much help :rolleyes:

Do you have mods, say the savegame editor and have done this with one or more party members, allignments. This happens to me when I do as I said before.

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

i do got 2 drives but my other drive is broken right now, im going to try some things but if it keeps messing up and i cant fix it im just gona restore my computer, its time it needs to be wiped anyways and redid, and no i dont have any mods, anyways this is my last post i just wanted to see if any1 knew, thanks for the answers, i'll try what yall said and if it dont work i'll reformate, peace.

• 2 weeks later...
iv wonderd this, sometimes, alot of times, when ever i talk to a party member, or i just get out of combat, for some reason my party members fall to the dark side, and its just random, they can be lightside then u fight, or talk about something, ( not gaining influence) and then they are just dark side, is there a way to fix this problem? or does anyone know why it even happens? I would try to unistall my game but it wont unistall, for some reason the setup folder cannot be found, iv tried everything, its just gone, but the game still plays, but it wont let me unistall/reistall without the folder.

Ive always had a problem with the npc's alignment shifting back and forth for no reason. I just ignore it. certain characters gain influence by lightside acts only and others by darkside acts. It doesnt matter what their alignment is.

Those alignment shifts shouldnt affect the game. It hasnt effected mine.

As far as why it happens...

When you do a lightside act or say something to them their alignment should shift a little towards the lightside.

If you do darkside acts or dialogs it should shift to the darkside.

This has never worked properly in my game but it doesnt affect the game either.

influence affects the npc's alignment, if you're dark and have high influence with say Atton, he's gonna get dark too. There are problems with the influence system, each time an npc spawns in they have slightly different alignment, often this causes them not to get the mastery bonus. Mods such as the Mind Probe can further screw things up, making npc's jump from dark mastery to light mastery and vice versa.