Dragonlance Animated Film? Neat.

Oerwinde

I was cruising the Don Murphy boards, and there was a thread on Books you would like to see turned into movies. Dragonlance came up and someone said there was already an animated film in the works. Apparently Weis and Hickman had final say over the script, so it should be decent.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825245/

Keifer Sutherland as Raistlin? Sweeeeet.

Ooh, and Boyd Kirkland is involved? Neato, he was part of some of the best animated stuff out there. Batman TAS, X-Men Evolution, and Ultimate Avengers.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I guess if it's animated, it could be okay. The less said about the live action D+D movies, the better.

Still, having never read any books beyond a Salvatore compilation, I don't think I could watch this unironically.

B-list cast hooray! Can't go wrong with Phil Lamarr.

I guess if it's animated, it could be okay. The less said about the live action D+D movies, the better.

Still, having never read any books beyond a Salvatore compilation, I don't think I could watch this unironically.

B-list cast hooray! Can't go wrong with Phil Lamarr.

There are some pretty damn good voices on there, most of which are veteran voice actors, which is better than a-list stars any day. And Keifer Sutherland has one of the coolest voices ever.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Direct to DVD animated films are in a boom right now, what with the Avengers ones, Iron Man, Hellboy, I believe theres a few more marvel ones inthe works over at Lions Gate, and now Dragonlance. I also like that they are being taken seriously. The avengers ones were actually quite mature. Not often you see PG-13 rated animated films.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think the date on the page says 2007, so I'm assuming it will be released this year.

Devastatorsig.jpg

http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/moviefaq/

Apparently their goal is to make an ongoing series of movies, not just the first trilogy. Maybe they'll make movies based on the parts that take place between each book.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Kor actually showed me this the other day

After he made me promise to join his Sheena role playing troup

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Kiefer Sutherland actually looked into the whole background his character, Raistlin, before showing up on the set to do the recording. He was continuously worried about the pronunciation of the magic spells that they had to retake multiple cuts in the recording around his spell casting.

I'm getting ready to be disappointed.

If those character designs are accurate I will be. Strums armor is too busy, Tanis looks like a hippie and Pyros is just plain ugly.

Keep in mind the designs will look way different once they're colored. Though I agree about Sturm.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ooh, and Boyd Kirkland is involved? Neato, he was part of some of the best animated stuff out there. Batman TAS, X-Men Evolution, and Ultimate Avengers.

no offence... but Ultimate Avengers was too much of a kiddie version of Ultimates Vol 1.

Ultimate Avengers two went off the map in terms of screwyness.

I'd feel better if it were under bruce timms leadership.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Old news.

I don't like way many characters look like. They should've followed official artwork more closely

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

no offence... but Ultimate Avengers was too much of a kiddie version of Ultimates Vol 1.

Ultimate Avengers two went off the map in terms of screwyness.

I'd feel better if it were under bruce timms leadership.

Considering the north american view of animation, they managed to keep UA pretty mature for an animated film.

Too bad they couldn't have the "DO YOU THINK THIS A STANDS FOR FRANCE!?" line though.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You could ride dragons in community mods in NwN.

that may be but I'm talking about a game where gaining the dragon-riding feat is a major part of the main story for the protagonist.

plus, dragons now would actually look about right (not cartoonish or blocky).

of course, Dragonlance is about more than just the dragons....its is an Apocalypse scenario.

plus, don't you want to play as a Kender or Gully Dwarf?

Old news.

I don't like way many characters look like. They should've followed official artwork more closely

You're one of the few fantasy fans I've actually seen advocating fantasy cover art, I probaly would have never picked up any of the Dragonlance books if friends had,'t said, "Its good, just ignore the cover."

The only artist "worth their salt" seem to be Brom and Lockwood. The original concept of Tanis and Goldmoon was way too GringoEskimo.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.