Favorite Gaming Website

ZeroTM

What is your favorite gaming website?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite gaming website?

• GameTrailers
    • IGN
    • GameSpot
    • 1UP
    • FileFront
    • FileShack
    • GameSpy
    • GamersHell
    • EuroGamer
    • Idiot! You Missed One! (Posts below.*)

For me, it would have to be GameTrailers because you can download full HD quality trailers for almost any game at free registration. There is also GTD, where you can actually buy stuff with free virtual currency you earn from watching videos, submitting videos, commenting, posting, rating, blogging, etc. Stuff you can buy ranges from upgrading your profile to a next gen console game like Resistance to the mighty PS3 itself.

GameTrailers Registration Link - CLICK

I've used Gamespot since I was a kid, for reviews and patches and such. It has an ever-so-slightly shorter grade curve than IGN.

These days, I get all my news/rumors from Joystiq and dedicated fansites (DAC, NWVault, etc.) and still use Gamespot for the odd patch or walkthrough.

game trailers is a wonderful place and gamespy has nice reviews and stuff

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

A private forum is my favorite game site.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Chose Gamespot as they give balanced reviews of games. Well most of the time.

For instance when every other US game site was shoving dung on Gothic 3 and gagging over Oblivion like whores, Gamespot went against this trend. In so doing they were able to look at Gothic 3 objectively and review it accordingly.

Plus I've been a fan of their's for almost 6yrs.

They also provide very good crpg walkthroughs, like Desslocks Baldur's Gate walkthrough etc.

Bankai - "Zabimaru Howl !"

...you can actually buy stuff with free virtual currency you earn from watching videos, submitting videos, commenting, posting, rating, blogging, etc. Stuff you can buy ranges from upgrading your profile to a next gen console game like Resistance to the mighty PS3 itself.

It's like having a store loyalty card! :rolleyes: Come on Obsidian, how can we cash in our points for posting here? I think 2000+ posts should get me a free NWN2 premium module at least...

Chose Gamespot as they give balanced reviews of games. Well most of the time.

Yes, so long as they're not reviewing adventure games, which they tend to mark down for having difficult puzzles and lots of dialogue.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I only visit three gaming relates homepages: Eurogamer, Gamespot and Gametrailers.

Your botty ways don't work on me because I've already corrupted myself!! MWAhahahahaaa!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Obsidian Forums is my favorite gamming website, but I don't really come for the game talk. I come because I love you [all].

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

None of these websites (nor the public internet) existed when I was growing up and entering the hobby of computer gaming, so instead of websites I had monthly magazine subscriptions. Among the few I tried, I subscribed to Compute!'s Gazette and PC Gamer the longest, about five or six years each.

These days I usually Google what I'm looking for, unless I know a specific site. General purpose game sites don't interest me much, though I do bookmark developer/publisher websites for the games I own copies of, and I like visiting sites dedicated to a particular game or game series, such as Ultima, Baldur's Gate, and NWN.