Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NWN2 English 1.04 Beta is released!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

Sand

Sand

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3735 posts
What save error?

Weiser_Cain

Weiser_Cain

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1633 posts
When I try to save it seems to think I don't have enough space, then deletes the save in the slot I was trying to save to. You'd think that'd make enough space but it doesn't.

SteveThaiBinh

SteveThaiBinh

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4085 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

my update utility didn't pick it up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a beta, so you need to follow the link from the forum page and download it separately.

I hope the official version fixes the repeating bug in the Tavorick manor. That's by far the most serious bug I've found so far, and I think it was created in one of the earlier patches, even. :wub:

Xard

Xard

Dreamer

• Members
  • 5127 posts
I hope this improves my frame rate which 1.03 crippled :)

edit:

Aww, no performance modifications? : (

Still, glad to see a new patch. Thaaanks!

oh well, it's not illegal to hope

Edited by Xard, 11 January 2007 - 05:47 AM.

Sand

Sand

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3735 posts

When I try to save it seems to think I don't have enough space, then deletes the save in the slot I was trying to save to. You'd think that'd make enough space but it doesn't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It normally overwrites a save if you click on it. Click on empty slot and it should save the game in a new slot. How much space do you have on the hard drive anyway?

Weiser_Cain

Weiser_Cain

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1633 posts
Around a Gig free, it's a glitch that usually pops up after long play periods.
Example, I was playing and decided I need a nap, well I napped for eight hours, once I got up I saw I left the game on. Since I'm addicted to saving I try to quicksave before I close shop. Says I don't have the space, save in different slot, same thing so I go in and delete all my extra saves till all I had left was the autosave, still not enough space. Restarted the program still get the glitch, restarted my computer it goes away for a bit.
I've noticed it happens fairly reliably in certain places the earliest at the inn where you meet the dwarf.
As of late it's always on.

Edited by Weiser_Cain, 11 January 2007 - 06:16 AM.

Sand

Sand

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3735 posts
You only have a gig free on your harddrive?!?!?!?!

Try to have about 20 gigs free. You might not get this problem. Windows in general gets a little quirky if you have that little hard drive space.

Edited by Sand, 11 January 2007 - 06:19 AM.

Sammael

Sammael

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I hope that's on a non-system partition. Microsoft recommends to have at least 5 gigs free on the system partition, and there are several good reasons for this.

Weiser_Cain

Weiser_Cain

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1633 posts
Considering my C drive is 20 gig I don't see how that's possible, I have +500 Gig total on this system but for some odd reason this game wanted to stick the saves in my documents and I'm not breaking five games to maybe get one to work, in any case this is a glitch to delete my saves.

Edited by Weiser_Cain, 11 January 2007 - 06:28 AM.

Sand

Sand

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3735 posts
That is not a glitch. That is how games are doing saves now. Its going to be how Vista works when it is released. Oblivion does the same thing.

Weiser_Cain

Weiser_Cain

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1633 posts
I will never buy vista

Sammael

Sammael

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
You can move the path of My Documents folder to another partition.

http://thundercloud....e/my-documents/

As for Vista, you will have to move to it if you ever want to play a DirectX 10 game. DX10 is not coming out on XP. Ever.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
R00fles! I *finally* got the game to install. However, my toolset has no interior tilesets available. None. zero. Zilch. Nadda. What the heck? That was the whole reason for me wanting to reinstall the game. R00fles!

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Maybe you got the wrong tab.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Eh? I checked every tab.... Unless there is a secret one... which I won't rule out. It must exist somewhere...

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Well I haven't installed it anymore... But if I remember correctly, you have to switch in the lower right from the Blueprints to the Tiles.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
So weird. When i first got the game, I found the tiles within seconds... Now, they vanished. I'm in the tooslet now.. in blueprints.. and nothing. got itesm through prefabs and that's it... urgh.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Look into the help file. Try the search and use "Tiles". I bet I found something there when I read through it a month ago. Maybe you accidentily moved the tab away or something.... Or maybe it's a bug.

Edited by Morgoth, 11 January 2007 - 10:19 AM.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Didn't move the tab as I just reinstalled the game after a month of trying to. The tile tab simply isn't there not even where the 'help file' or the guide says it should be. it's weird ebcause it was so easy to find when i first got the game. It's also funny because some of the stuff I complained about eralier ar enow not as annoying.. but, this is. It has to be a bug. LOL A whole subsection - espicially an important one like tiles - cna't simply vanish.. can it? Hmm.. Thanks for the effort. :lol:

taks

taks

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2024 posts

Eh? I checked every tab.... Unless there is a secret one... which I won't rule out. It must exist somewhere...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

double secret probation...

taks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users