NWN2 English 1.04 Beta is released!

Sand

All you have to do are the areas and NPCs. The scripting and dialog should just port over.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

btw, I think I know what the problem with the tilesets are. In the tiles folder, they all show up as baisclaly white spots while the overland area stuff look like they do in the toolset in their folder. So, it seems, for whatever reason, my tileset folder is corrupted/fubared/whatever. I don't know how though...

Sand: yeah; but I'd rather do a whole new module so I can take advanatge of the the new dialogue/scripting power. Plus, I don't want to repeat myself. I like new stuff... and, besdies, I need to finish it first, anyways. Heh.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

lord only knows what vol would come up with if he didn't have ADD... prevents him from finishing his +4 year project o' making a nwn module...

example dialogue:

"LOLLERZ! Is that a dargon i see, or a fat lizard wif wigs?"

"ROOFLES! You are SO funnie! HAHAHAHAHAHA! PLEAZ tell me that you R jocking."

save us the opportunity to critique.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Um... no.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Umm.. yes. Don't ruin Grom's fun. If that's the way the module is. That's the way the module. Grom is a lawyer who cna beat the crap out of anyone. He knows all.

P.S. The patch looks good. I won't touch it 'til it's final though... My major problems with NWN2 started when I downloaded that one beta patch thouygh I think there isn't a connection. Heh.

Edited by Volourn

I'm still working on the Witcheta module which has lot sof combat if you choose; but has lot and lots of dialogue, and is definitely role-playing/story focused. L0L I suck at finishing it. It is pretty far along... :crazy:

Nah, you really need a proofreader for your text. :sorcerer:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm still working on the Witcheta module which has lot sof combat if you choose; but has lot and lots of dialogue, and is definitely role-playing/story focused. L0L I suck at finishing it. It is pretty far along... :crazy:

Nah, you really need a proofreader for your text. :sorcerer:

now that IS a surprise, eh?

well, no doubt vol's imagined module is chock full o' role-play goodness.

wowzers.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"Actually I was referring to Grom's post, not yours."

I know. I was suggesting leaving him to his fun. He ain't hurtin' anybody.

"well, no doubt vol's imagined module is chock full o' role-play goodness."

Nope. I need a spellchecker 'cause I often can't spell R00fles! right. R00flas!

"Nah, you really need a proofreader for your text."

Heh. That, and finish it. But, I just might release it so instead of hearing about it not being finished, I coulkd instead hear about teh evils of releasing something 'unfinished' just like the professionals!!!!

p.s. Grom: I know it's easier to label soemthing than to think; but you don't nesseccarily need ADD to not finish soemthing.

Spagehtti for thought.

Edited by Volourn

Wow, Grommie is on the warpath for some odd reason. :sorcerer:

I didn't delete it. The computer that had it died and I had to reformat the hard drive for the new computer. :'(

Edited by Sand

He hasn't forgiven me yet for defending the potential shortness of the NWN2 OC. L0LLERZ :crazy:

Meta: I've tried several times to steer it in that direction. LOL

Sand: Understandable sinc eit was a long while ago. I'll likely send ya an updated version eventually.

Raven: Ya never asked.

Patch: I can't wait 'til Patch 1.05 FINAL. :joy:

Edited by Volourn

Wow, Grommie is on the warpath for some odd reason.  :bat:

huh?

am just curious as to why vol worries so much 'bout a toolset he ain't never used to complete anything... and given how confused and irrational his posting is, we has a hard time believing that he would ever be able to complete a substantial project with the toolset... nwn1 or 2.

what is this, ADD sufferers of the world uniting?

geez.

on-topic... this beta not address any of Gromnir's lingering concerns... not one. performance and bugs were what we were hoping to see fixed.

HA! Good Fun!

ps it is fact that vol seems to have attention span of a gnat that makes us thinks ADD, not simply that in 4 years of him going on and on 'bout his module he ain't never completed nothing.

"ps it is fact that vol seems to have attention span of a gnat that makes us thinks ADD, not simply that in 4 years of him going on and on 'bout his module he ain't never completed nothing."

R00fles!

I have no problem completing most things. I'm just not very good at modmaking. That's why it takes a long time. Imagine that!!!

But, hey, like I've said, it's easy to throw labels out there.

"ain't never used to complete anything..."

Ahhh. But, that's where you are wrong. I have completed things with the NWN1 toolset. Once again, you embarass yourself. I just haven't completed this particular module in question (as well a sfew others). But, I have completed more than a few things including for a PW I played on.

R00flers!

P.S. The patch is cool. :cool:

Edited by Volourn

"ps it is fact that vol seems to have attention span of a gnat that makes us thinks ADD, not simply that in 4 years of him going on and on 'bout his module he ain't never completed nothing."

R00fles!

I have no problem completing most things. I'm just not very good at modmaking. That's why it takes a long time. Imagine that!!!

But, hey, like I've said, it's easy to throw labels out there.

it is like you don't even read what Gromnir writes... must be that ADD again.

and we guess that we is gonna have to take your word that you did something noteworthy with the toolset.... thogh lord only knows what you sees as a cause for emberassment.

nevertheless, if you simply enjoys tinkering with toolset to no avail, that would no doubt be 'nuff reason to have interest in toolset... 'course as vol is such the nwn crafter...

request for new patch: add a way to customize the cleric domains... 'cause the bioware/obsidian domains is mostly terrible.

HA! Good Fun!

Didn't the "3.5 dnd" mod (or whatever it is called) put a thing to customize cleric domains? Let me see....

Oh, god, I'll have to search around later.

The thread on the bioware boards said there are undocumented changes including adding practiced spellcaster and fixing archery stuff. What the heck is practiced spellcaster an what was wrong with archery?

EDIT: Looked up the thread on the bioboard, and I think they just added spells for every level for clerics. Not quite the same.

The other message board

It's in that link somewhere

Edited by damonors

"EDIT: Looked up the thread on the bioboard, and I think they just added spells for every level for clerics. Not quite the same."

yeah, Gromnir saw those mods, but dismissed 'em as munckin bait. disintegrate as a single domain spell slot choice is a far different thing than is adding to spell list.

practiced spellcaster is a feat that nullifies penalties for multi-classing your spellcaster. the feat boosts effective spellcaster level by up to 4 (if our recollection is correct,) but no greater than actual character level.

example: bob plays a rogue/wizard... took 3 levels in rogue. bob is now a 3/8 rogue/wizard. with practiced spellcaster his effective wizard level is 11 for purposes o' determining durations and damages and overcoming sr n' such. however, bob is not an 11th level wizard for purposes of getting spells and feats n' such.

if bob were a 5/3 rogue /wizard, his effective wizard level for spell durations and overcoming sr n' such would be 7... 'cause practiced spellcaster nullifies no more than a 4 level disparity 'tween character level and caster level.

makes sense?

am not sure what is wrong with archery... though we recently noticed that following a battle, bishop and sand had used the exact same number o' arrows. am gonna have to check on that... seems wrong that bisshop and sand would have had = number of attacks.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"something noteworthy with the toolset"

Noteworthy is a whole 'nother bundle of wax. I said I've completed stuff. i didn't say theyw ere noteworthy. Perhaps, you should upgrade your reading skillz Mr. Lawyer.

The term noteworthy isa frivilous word for the most part. I don't think i've done anything 'noteworthy' with the toolset; but that wasn't your last accusation of many.

R00fles!

"something noteworthy with the toolset"

Noteworthy is a whole 'nother bundle of wax. I said I've completed stuff. i didn't say theyw ere noteworthy. Perhaps, you should upgrade your reading skillz Mr. Lawyer.

The term noteworthy isa  frivilous word for the most part. I don't think i've done anything 'noteworthy' with the toolset; but  that wasn't your last accusation of many.

R00fles!

maybe you shoulds recheck our first post on the subject and see whose reading skills is bent. from very start we has quallified with noteworthy and useful language... if you missed, then your reading skills is the problem, not Gromnir's... but that shoulds not come as a surprise to anybody, eh?

HA! Good Fun!

This is stupid even by our standards.

I'd have thought that the combat mode fix implemented in 1.04 beta would have pleased a lot of people; it certainly was a point of complaint for many on here and elsewhere. How do you guys feel about it? Is it enough? I think it is, but then I was never too bothered by the 'bug' in the first place.