Itunes: Biggest piece of crap ever?

roshan

I got the 8 GB as a gift from my sis (for $200 on sale). Because I don't much care about video playback and I wanted it partially for working out (not to mention that nifty nike running attachment), I asked for the Nano. I know it doesn't necessarily look it unless you have both in front of you, but it's ALOT smaller and lighter than a regular Ipod. Plus the battery life is 20+ hours and it holds (according to Itunes) 4-5 days worth of music, which is very respectable.

That's a good deal. If it did cost $200, I definitely would buy the 8 GB model. I guess the only real reservation I have against getting that model is that at $250, you could get a regular iPod for about the same price and get a lot more songs (2000 for the 8GB Nano vs. 7,500 for a 30 GB iPod), plus video playback (and games, though I personally don't care about that). Then again, it is a lot bigger, and the battery life is actually considerably less than that of the Nano. So I guess it depends on what you want out of it. :crazy:

Anyhoo, iPod + iTunes is teh roXorZ.

Edited by Dark Moth

Let's not let the casual public reader to Obsidian's commercial website think that anyone here would condone anything even remotely shady: I'm sure you were talking about buying music via the traditional methods, CD, DVD, etc. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

And another thing: people have been mentioning this mini iTunes store on the new version that follows you everywhere.  I've seen it on other people's iTunes, but never on mine.  And I have the newest version (version 7).  :lol:

Probably because you installed it over the old version after turning off the store.

I saw it on my friends itunes and spent about 5 minutes trying to take it off but couldnt figure out how. I gave up, after all, its her problem not mine.

I wonder what makes them think that shoving their goods in customers faces is going to make their customers give them more money? If anything they would probably just get pissed off. The store was obtrusive enough in the previous version.

I wonder what makes them think that shoving their goods in customers faces is going to make their customers give them more money? If anything they would probably just get pissed off. The store was obtrusive enough in the previous version.

Apparently the majority of people don't think so, as iTunes sales more than quadrupled.

Edited by Diamond

Most people are prepared to pay for convenience, especially in this modern "time-poor" culture we have.

If iTunes works, and it isn't obnoxiously expensive, then the people will use it (after all, it's an innovation, and better than what they were using before).

It's all about marketing: finding the right spot and price for a product. :blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Probably because you installed it over the old version after turning off the store.

I saw it on my friends itunes and spent about 5 minutes trying to take it off but couldnt figure out how. I gave up, after all, its her problem not mine.

Yeah, I just realized that.

By the way, it's very easy to turn off. In the menu bar at the top, click on View > Hide Ministore

:)

Edited by Dark Moth

I wonder what makes them think that shoving their goods in customers faces is going to make their customers give them more money? If anything they would probably just get pissed off. The store was obtrusive enough in the previous version

Just like TV commercials are nothing more than annoying inconveniences as well, right?

I only use it to update my ipod. For actual listening i use Foobar. Why use it to listen to music at all?

My girlfriend used it on her Mac and loved it. Then she got a PC and hated it. I tried it and went right back to WinAMP. I'm old school. I've used WinAMP since I was 14 and I doubt I'll change any time soon.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

One more problem is that - in the UK - most insureres won't cover the cost of replacing songs from iTunes on a lost or stolen player.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.