Itunes: Biggest piece of crap ever?

roshan

What does everyone here think of Itunes? Personally I think its the biggest piece of crappy bloatware that plays music, particularly the recent versions. Unfortunately the new version is required as updates for the ipod are now installed automatically through itunes.

Whenever I run the damn POC my CPU usage spikes up from 3% to a constant 90-100%.

I once bought a Red Hot Chili Peppers album from Itunes. The hassle of getting it from the computer and burnt onto a CD was ridiculous. I'll never again shop from Itunes, that's for sure. I don't remember how we solved the problem (it had something to do with the DRM, of course) but I remember having to get help from my cousin and we spent an entire evening wrestling with it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I recently bought a Sandisk player, and I got a 3 month subscription free for the Best Buy/Rhapsody music store. Let me just say, it's amazing. My subscription allows me to download as much music as I want for $15 a month. I can't burn it on to a CD, but I honestly don't care about owning the music. I get tired of CD's after awhile, so I can just delete them and put new ones on my player. It takes about 3 minutes to transfer a CD from the website directly to my player.

Also, it automatically loads these Rhapsody channels, which basically contain all the music that is playing on the radio on a regular basis. I'm not going to choose many hip hop songs for my personal collection, but it's pretty sweet to have them available. Basically it's like having a variety of radio stations available with no commercials and the ability to skip songs I don't like.

Two new devs in one day!

Welcome! :D

edit: Oh, sorry you wasn't that new :">

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

If you're dumb enough to buy an ipod then you deserve itunes

*sorry Kor*

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

And I don't like the new version of itunes either. I've been avoiding the upgrade forever, and had to when I was gifted with a new schuffle for Xmas.

Me no like skippy wippy. :)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Thats dope

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

iPod therefore iSuk.

:D

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Actually I don't care one way or another. I just posted that because i thought it was funny. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Actually I don't care one way or another.  I just posted that because i thought it was funny.  :aiee:

What was funny?

Did i mention DRM sucks!!!!! Digital Rights Management. The agreement where you buy music from itunes and you don't own the license to your own music thus the person is really only renting music from itunes so they can inevitably rent it again and again. Just like Hollywood wants you to buy the next big thing now, BluRay so you can buy all your movies over and over again thus they have a steady income.

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Why do you need to own your music? The only possible reason seems to be so that you can burn CD's, but with all the MP3 player stuff nowadays, CD's are on their way out as a media device. I just don't understand the fascination with owning music. As long as I have a subscription, I have access to 2 million songs. If I cancel my subscription, I lose that access. Big whoop.

I actually don't know how iTunes works, I can only speak for the MP3 sites like Rhapsody, Napster, and Urge.

I prefer the ripper off of my old Samsung Y-55 to the itunes program.

And I have next to no intentions of using the music store. That's what Laozi and Drabek are for.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.