The Black Hound FAQ

Sammael

But weren't the maps already done? From what I remember, all that remained to do was to populate the areas and put the appropriate scripts...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Incidentally, I don't have anything new to report, but I'd just like to inform those who are still paying attention to it that I have a new URL for my FAQ:

http://tbh.baator.info/

(I am finally migrating my sites from Google Pages - which is about to be terminated as a service - to a normal hosting service included for free with my domain registration)

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

But weren't the maps already done? From what I remember, all that remained to do was to populate the areas and put the appropriate scripts...

Ramza, you're showing your ignorance to what actually takes place during game development. Iteration of design, art, and code are all required to achieve a decent result.

Its neither as easy as you describe nor will it every happen, so STFU and get on with your life.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

[so STFU and get on with your life.

What is the point of saying something like that?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The point is to show that he knows so much more about the game design process than everyone else that everyone else should shut the fcuck up about this theme, and that basically we're all n00bs. This was an important message, thank you for sharing Nightshape!

Sammael: Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Alot of years of frustration at ramza's posts all coming out at once.

The point is to show that he knows so much more about the game design process than everyone else that everyone else should shut the fcuck up about this theme, and that basically we're all n00bs. This was an important message, thank you for sharing Nightshape!

If that's your perspective. ;) Good for you! I'm mostly trying to be informative. I suppose I can be a little harsh, I cry ignorance alot, because I see that as a problem with fans. They're ignorant, making large things seem very small, because such a feature seems so small to someone in a position of ignorance.

I've shared everything I've learnt over the years openly, correcting and pointing out differences when I felt the need to, I wouldn't even say I am 100% right all of the time. It's not about getting in someone's face about something, it's about communicating facts. Ramza is stuck in a fantasy of BG3 being released some day in its original form(Black Isle's BG3), so much so that he's making statements like he did, I'd just gotten so tired of reading posts in the vain of the one I commented on that I probably stepped over the line.

I am in no way criticizing you for whatever frustration you may nor may not feel, but we are a community to at least some degree.

Your words just seemed unneccessarily harsh.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I am in no way criticizing you for whatever frustration you may nor may not feel, but we are a community to at least some degree.

Your words just seemed unneccessarily harsh.

Yeah, I totally stepped over the line... Sorry Ramza.

Bah, it will never get released anyway. It would have been an awesome game but I guess it's time to move on. I thought Sawyer was still working on it but with his last post, I have lost any hope to play this mod...

At least, you can't say I haven't tried... These last posts of mine were an ultimate attempt to put some pressure for the release of TBH. I shall stop posting in this thread unless Sawyer himself gives us an update on his work.

Cheers.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Bah, it will never get released anyway.

In my home country, we have a thing called 'patience'. We have another called 'realism'. The first require we be willing to wait; the second that we realise that one-man projects are, inevitably, going to take time.

It would have been an awesome game but I guess it's time to move on. I thought Sawyer was still working on it but with his last post, I have lost any hope to play this mod...

Thank you for this fascinating tidbit. Perhaps you could tell us what you had for breakfast, too? Or the colour of your socks?

At least, you can't say I haven't tried...

Yes, yes I can. You haven't tried, you've whinged. Quite a different thing.

These last posts of mine were an ultimate attempt to put some pressure for the release of TBH.

And this is helpful - or constructive - in any way whatsoever... how? Wait, it's not. Never mind.

I shall stop posting in this thread unless Sawyer himself gives us an update on his work.

DAMMIT Deirdre, we just can't go on like this! Or to translate, the melodrama is killing. If you're going to go, fine, do it. But don't announce it like it's something important.

If this seems unnecessarily harsh, all I've seen from you in this thread has been moaning about something. And, from experience, that is distinctly unhelpful.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.