The Black Hound FAQ

Sammael

When the Block Hound is released that is when I will get SoZ. I am not much of a PC gamer these days but Black Hound sounds worth it enough to get SoZ.

Ya dawg, 360 4eva woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

NWN2 with a gamepad would be a nightmare, for both the players and the devs.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

NWN2 with a gamepad would be a nightmare, for both the players and the devs.

I'm not well versed in the Xbox 360 gamepad, but I remember one Codex thread back in the day where Saint pointed out it was impossible to develop Fallout for consoles because of the gamepad, but once you sit down and look at it, it's actually not that hard. Then again, he was trying to make a point with the PlayStation 'pad in mind but honestly, it didn't felt too hard. Main difference I could envision was swapping point'n'click movement across the hex grid with continuous movement while using the analog buttons. And the shoulder buttons could easilly switch between different interface elements.

But I admit, haven't looked into NWN2 on a gamepad. Would it be that much of a nightmare, though?

It'd be possible. Selecting actions, selecting targets, all those can be done pretty easily with a properly-designed interface. The main cumbersome part would be movement within battle. I mean, it's still point and click, just using a analog stick instead of a mouse. Minor inconvenience. It's like playing a RTS with a gamepad. Not impossible, just not optimal.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

• 2 weeks later...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

"Updated my journal." -TNO

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Hello! This time, I'm a bit behind on the news, since I generally only visit the Obsidian community once a month (and RPG Codex even less frequently), but I hope Sawyer will give me more incentive to visit (and more material for the FAQ, of course).

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.