The Black Hound FAQ

Sammael

I loved Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale II, they are what got me into playing RPG games so I have fond memories of them both.

I only recently discovered that the designer of Icewind Dale/lead designer of the Icewind Dale II has a personal project The Black Hound. Needless to say I am quite excited about this, especially since it will include a couple of characters from my favourite games. The only way this could be any better to me is if it was set in Icewind Dale itself!

I really look forward to getting my hands on this, so much so that I had to register just to say it. :D

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild

Welcome to our community, Kasabian!

I have been a fan of TBH ever since it was first announced to be in production (in 2001 I think?). Unfortunately, BIS canned the product which was to be called BG3. Now, our friend Sawyer is trying to use the NWN2 engine to recreate what was supposed to be that game.

I don't even remember when he first announced that he was working on this mod. Unfortunately, I am being quite pessimistic on whether it will ever be released. It could take another couple of years or it may never be released at all. I do think it would have been faster if Sawyer had used the original Mystary engine as approximately 60% of the game was already done.

Can we have some update please?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Well, I admit I wasn't expecting to hear such good news. Keep up the good work, Sawyer! I am definitely looking forward to your mod!

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

So if the rumours are true, we're going to get double helpings of Baldur's Gate 3 - a full game developed by whoever, plus this mod based on the original design. How brilliant is this? :(

Now all we need is Bethesda to release a toolset for Fallout 3, and MCA & Co. to use it to make the FO3 they envisioned...

So if the rumours are true, we're going to get double helpings of Baldur's Gate 3 - a full game developed by whoever, plus this mod based on the original design. How brilliant is this? :lol:

Now all we need is Bethesda to release a toolset for Fallout 3, and MCA & Co. to use it to make the FO3 they envisioned...

It would be sweet if Bethesda hired Obsidian to do a Fallout Spinoff based on Van Buren, so at least it could see the light of day.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg