The Black Hound FAQ

Sammael

You mean that poignard, for instance, would be just another dagger model? Or could this poignard actually be different from a dagger, 20/x3 for instance, and have it's own line in baseitems.2da? I'm not much of an NWN2 modder even though I can type baseitems.2da. I ask here because I've asked in the NWN2 forums, but, nobody is sure. Apparently no CCer has produced complete custom weapons for NWN2, only models.

I finished testing this out this weekend, and yes, you can effectively just hijack entries in the .2das. There are a few issues you have to work around in the toolset (for example, the toolset will not read in custom .tlk table entries for baseitem.2da name entries, so any that do will not show up in the toolset), but you can do it.

I created new feats in feats.2da for Weapon Proficiency (Basic, Adv. Bludgeoning, Adv. Piercing, Adv. Slashing, Adv. Ranged) and then new feats for Focus, Specialization, and Improved Critical. I created custom .tlk table entries for the names and descriptions and custom icons. I then modified baseitem.2da so all the weapon types I'm using point to the new feat IDs. Then I went back and disabled all of the "traditional" proficiencies. It sure makes the level-up screen a lot less cluttered.

Then I went into one of my modules, placed some of my "new" base items and ran the module. Sure enough, everything worked as expected. It will be a pain to manually add the special bonuses that each advanced weapon type has (e.g. sabres cause bleeding wounds on 10% of all hits), but nothing insurmountable or really all that troublesome in the long run. The only lingering issue is that I will have to go back to edit the baseitem.2da after I'm done "for real" modifying the weapons so the improper base item name doesn't show up in the item description.

There are a LOT of deleted entries in the baseitems.2da. You can either use those for your new tricks or you can hijack ones that you're not using. For example, I just wrote over halberds with tridents. Because tridents are waaaaaay cooler than halberds.

Excellent news! Keep up the good work! :(

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any news?

PS: This thread needs to be ressurected from time to time, ain't that right?

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Any news?

PS: This thread needs to be ressurected from time to time, ain't that right?

J.E. Sawyer

Lead Designer

From: Huntington Beach, California Posted: Wednesday, 11 June 2008 04:43PM

Nope, this doesn't have anything to do with The Black Hound. I haven't worked on TBH in a while, in part because I've been busy and also because I've been waiting for some of the goodies that SoZ is delivering (scriptable list boxes, overland map, etc.).

It's still coming, but it's set in the Dalelands, will use a revised d20-based ruleset, is in a very low level range, and has companions instead of a full player-built party.

from the bio boards when asked is SoZ , TBH renamed

Yep, saw that too. I don't think anybody expected even screenshots of TBH until 2009, but hopefully we'll see it before the turn of the decade :woot:

Considering how I'm still waiting for some BG2 total conversions...

• 2 months later...

any news?

has the SoZ been released yet?

hmm,

NO

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

• 2 weeks later...

Not to me, seeing how many projects just die without notice. A simple update (if only the date when something was last changed) gives the necessary feedback to keep people less worried.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Why worry about it? If it is released then it is released, if not then there are plenty of other things that are released. Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things as the old saying goes.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

It makes people remember about the project if nothing else.

Sometimes its hard to keep something in mind between first exposure and release several years later if there is nothing inbetween to grab your attention.

But then, with the nature of the Black Hound as it is, we haven't really seen the proper 'first exposure' yet, which is probably what JE was referring to.

If you read it carefully, it'll come clear that there's no "version" actually and it's all idle speculation.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 2 weeks later...
Why worry about it? If it is released then it is released, if not then there are plenty of other things that are released. Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things as the old saying goes.

All things happen in their proper time. :x