The Black Hound FAQ

Sammael

It is possible he is doing SOME work on it, but propably not much...

Also, maybe his thralls are doing some slavework (maybe Markland has joined them, muhuhuhahaa) :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Nah, J.E doesn't want that. Understandable since he's doing some rather "heretical" changes in mechanics it couldn't be released as official D&D Module...

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Nah, J.E doesn't want that. Understandable since he's doing some rather "heretical" changes in mechanics it couldn't be released as official D&D Module...

Hmm, I thought The Black Hound was supposed to be a Forgotten Realms game bearing the name Baldur's Gate 3 (to avoid legal issues). What 'heretical' changes could it possibly have that would be so controversial? Also, isn't the project too overwhelming for one person (with perhaps a couple of occassional helpers) to complete?

Hmm, I thought The Black Hound was supposed to be a Forgotten Realms game bearing the name Baldur's Gate 3 (to avoid legal issues). What 'heretical' changes could it possibly have that would be so controversial? Also, isn't the project too overwhelming for one person (with perhaps a couple of occassional helpers) to complete?

Armor is now damage reduction.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That's good example. And something about weapon profiencies and focuses as well

To me J.E's changes (at least it seems so) just make sense and are better than vanilla D&D

Van Buren's changes were great too, no matter how much fanboy's would've bawwed at speech skill getting divided

*sigh*

It changes completely whole Armor Class deal

IT IS major

It changes completely whole Armor Class deal

IT IS major

It is major, but it is not heretical. WotC itself released armor as DR rules in the Unearther Arcana.

The point is if Obsidian tried to officially release this or sell this, WoTC would block them. No two ways about it. They're sticklers for THEIR rules.

I'd prefer if it was a pet project of Josh's, instead, anyway.

I don't think it's just DA RULEZ that WotC would object to. I recall Josh having issues with WotC objecting to some of the story, dialogue, and character content. WotC doesn't want D&D associated with adult-ish themes of racism, vulgarity, and other non-cartoonish evil.

hey, Sawyer is here!

So, any update? :)

• 1 month later...

*watches clock*... *waits*...*yawns*...*watches clock again*...*slumbers*...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Anthony Davis of Obsidian kindly asked Josh about it and posted on the Codex.

Just talked to Josh and he said The Black Hound is not dead. He has plans to continue working on it in his free time, but there are a few issues.

1) He has been busy with Aliens.

2) His home computer is acting poopy right now.

3) He was waiting to see what patches and features landed in NWN2.

This didn't seem to be a trivial impulse when Josh first talked about it with me. He has a wiki, a website, a bug database, and tons of other resources devoted to it.

For the most part though, he is just one person working on it, so it is slow going.

Thanks Anthony.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I know how long it's taking me to do what I want to do in NWN2 and the worst thing is talking about it before you've finished. I'm not surprised that he's just quietly working away on it in the background.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

This is Baldur's Gate 3 by another name, right? If so, excellent! ;)

Well believe it had something to do with back when it was called Black isle studios they only had marked right on making games related to Baldur's gate as far as i understood, so its not supposed to have any relation to the BG trilogy, at least what i gather from what ive scooped on forums, it was only originally labeled that in order for them to have the rights to marked it using that title.

Its why games was called stuff like baldur's gate: dark alliance...

At least thats what i heard