The Black Hound FAQ

Sammael

HOLY FREAKING CRAPITY SCREW!

I knew NWN2 could do some freaky stuff, but not this freaky. I look forward to this even more!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

That does sound pretty damn cool.

I might actually end up taking feats in weapon focus/specialization then. As it is, I kinda find them over-specialized since I never quite know what specific weapon I'll find. This way, you can just worry about using a certain class of weaponry. Sounds great. :)

manthing2.jpg

I knew NWN2 could do some freaky stuff, but not this freaky. I look forward to this even more!

It's not really that freaky. It just involves adding or changing strings, modifying a few 2DAs, and then creating new blueprints. The basic functionality for all of this stuff has always been in NWN2.

The handling of armor is reminiscant of how Age of Decadence will handle it as well (if I'm understanding it correctly at least). It seems like a logical and good system to me.

BTW, what kind of work did you do on MotB? Were you heavily involved in it?

I really enjoyed it anyhow, and I feel it's the best Obsidian has had to offer yet. It's very good.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

It's not really that freaky. It just involves adding or changing strings, modifying a few 2DAs, and then creating new blueprints. The basic functionality for all of this stuff has always been in NWN2.

Oh, okay. It just sounds freaky. :grin:

I really need to take a look at the tools set then. If you can do that maybe Arcana Evolved conversion isn't all that impossible then. ;)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

BTW, what kind of work did you do on MotB? Were you heavily involved in it?

Not much. I just made suggestions for various mechanics and gave balance feedback for combat.

What have you been doing with your time then? o:)

Work involved with this, I imagine.

This is sort of incidental, and it doesn't really matter at this point, but could somebody explain exactly how Black Isle was able to put The Black Hound into development when they didn't have the D&D license, even if they had the BG license? It's a topic of discussion at another of my boards and it needs to be cleared up.

This is sort of incidental, and it doesn't really matter at this point, but could somebody explain exactly how Black Isle was able to put The Black Hound into development when they didn't have the D&D license, even if they had the BG license? It's a topic of discussion at another of my boards and it needs to be cleared up.

Wouldnt Sawyer's changes (described above) be enough to "technically" make it a new property? Or at least not D&D.

Huh, I was under the impression that the only reason it was called BG3 was because you wouldn't have been allowed to publish it under any other name.

It was only called that very late in development. It was originally just called FR6/Jefferson internally. In late 2002/early 2003, we started losing various rights to make D&D games. At a certain point, our PC D&D games could only have IWD or BG titles. FR6 was more like a BG game than an IWD game (in that you had a party of CNPCs instead of a full party of created characters), and BG was a bigger franchise, so IPLY wanted to call it BG3.

So Josh, you guys planning on doing any sort of premium module type things? Because then maybe you could get paid to work on this, and get a little help. ;)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So Josh, you guys planning on doing any sort of premium module type things? Because then maybe you could get paid to work on this, and get a little help. :p

Actually, I wouldn't want such a thing to happen. Let Sawyer make this game. He has some very neat ideas.

Having Atari and WotC putting limits on his creativity wouldn't be a good thing in any fashion.

Keep up the good work, Josh! :)

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Oh, so making it a premium module would set limits on the stuff? Nevermind then. I just figured with some help and company time he could get it done faster and with more polish, and maybe make Obsid a couple bucks.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Sneaky bot.

Yeah, I was noticing that too. It actually had me pause for a moment and check posting history to figure it out for certain.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That bot scares me.

BLASPHEMY!!! A bot is polluting this sacred thread! Kill it NOW!

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

*picks up Ramza by the ankles and uses him to bash the bot to death*

Here you go. >_<

That does sound pretty damn cool.

I might actually end up taking feats in weapon focus/specialization then. As it is, I kinda find them over-specialized since I never quite know what specific weapon I'll find. This way, you can just worry about using a certain class of weaponry. Sounds great. :sorcerer:

ditto

Typically (if my PC is a fighter class) I have to rely on my super-meta-clairvoyance (+3) to choose the correct specialization early on. :ermm:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 4 weeks later...

Any news...?