The Black Hound FAQ

Sammael

It's strictly a fansite. I imagine Josh will eventually make a site for the project, but I have this burning desire for collecting data, and, well... why not share it with others?

I'll parse my old Jefferson documents to see what all is applicable to the game (minus the old engine stuff and such) and port it over to the new FAQ.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

What happened to your old faq site? :p

Two things. First, it was hosted with my old ISP, and I didn't bother re-hosting it elsewhere. Second, the CSS for the site was horrible (and IE-based, to boot) and it doesn't render all that well on newer browsers (including Firefox, which I use). Once I've figured out how to fix the CSS, I'll upload it to the new site (hence the item on the navbar).

Edited by Sammael

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

*grins*

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

The campaign I'm creating has a lot of reputation trackers. They fall into the following categories:

* Fame/Infamy - These are two values that reflect your overall reputation throughout the setting (in this case, Archendale, Deepingdale, and Battledale).

* Archendale, Deepingdale, and Battledale - These three regions each have their own positive and negative scales. Fame/Infamy may be added to any of these.

* Faction - There are six factions one can become involved with, generating positive and negative reps in each one.

* Sub-Faction - When a character becomes embroiled with the inner workings of a faction, they may become exposed to sub-factions: groups that oppose each other on the direction of the parent faction. For example, Red Wizard Progressive and Red Wizard Traditional sub-factions oppose each other on how the Red Wizards should deal with foreign cultures.

* Epithets - These are known throughout the setting, but the places in which they can be increased are intentionally spread out geographically. This is done to make it plausible that people across the region could have heard about you. E.g. the Protagonist gives cruel responses to characters in White Ford, Archenbridge (Archendale), Highmoon (Deepingdale), Hap, and Essembra (Battledale). Those five instances qualify the character for the Cruel Master/Cruel Mistress epithet, and because the rep was built all over the place, it doesn't seem jarring if someone in Lady's Belt, Archendale knows about it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...3#post320938578

This is Baldur's Gate 3 by another name, right?  If so, excellent! :)

Yes, it is. Although "Baldur's Gate 3" was just a name they had to use at the time for copyright purposes - the game's true name has always been The Black Hound.

cool, sammael.

one question, is JE planning this on his own, i.e. not with official obsidian support?

taks

It's his project (and fully unofficial), although I am sure he is not averse to getting help from others at Obsidian (on their free time).

I'd pay for the mod. If it's finished, I'll pay for the mod. If it's good, I'll pay for the mod for friends. No matter what else, this is a classy move on Sawyer's part. It's no surprise to me.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hey Sammael, feel free to use the stuff I have in my Jefferson folder!

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=44732&hl=

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

That Megaupload thing never works for me, it always gives me the "all slots for your country are currently in use" message. Can you Rapidshare it?

I am pleased to announce that the old FAQ is now up and running. It took me surprisingly little time to fix the CSS and HTML. I guess it wasn't THAT bad, after all. I tested it on IE7 and FF2 and it's displaying properly on both.