Buggy game, HELP!!!!!

Okay I have just gotten the game, I installed and patched the game, when I hit the "game button from the pop up menu to start the game, the screen goes black and the resolution is set to 800x600 and everything goes back to the desktop with this resolution, and the game is minimized. I tryed clicking on the game to no avail and right clicking only gives the option of "close". I have tried to reset my laptops Hz to 60, which I did and it still did not work, I set both the game and my laptop to the same resoluton, and it still won't start. I have a stock Toshiba M55 Satelite Laptop. I do not know what graphics card I have. Can anyone help me, Please?!!!!!!!!!! I really want to play this game.

P.S. I have checked and I DO meet the minimum requirments and half of the reccomended.

Okay I have just gotten the game, I installed and patched the game, when I hit the "game button from the pop up menu to start the game, the screen goes black and the resolution is set to 800x600 and everything goes back to the desktop with this resolution, and the game is minimized. I tryed clicking on the game to no avail and right clicking only gives the option of "close". I have tried to reset my laptops Hz to 60, which I did and it still did not work, I set both the game and my laptop to the same resoluton, and it still won't start. I have a stock Toshiba M55 Satelite Laptop. I do not know what graphics card I have. Can anyone help me, Please?!!!!!!!!!! I really want to play this game.

P.S. I have checked and I DO meet the minimum requirments and half of the reccomended.

Okay, if I turn off movies it runs untill I try to start the game with a new character.

Check the trouble shooting guide that came with the game, its located in Lucasarts>Knights of the old republic the sith lords>documents. There is a list of graphic cards/chipsets that support the game, from what I've read an Intel 900 *should* work but the older Intel chipsets won't.

Assuming you have windows try going into control panel>system>hardware>device manager>display adapters. That will show what graphics card you have-if your PC knows. It it doesn't you probably have a generic card or you don't have the right drivers.

^ to expand a bit on what the above poster said;

it's generally a good idea to make sure you have the newest drivers for all your hardware - Graphics/Sound etc, if you are experiencing any problems. After that you go through the ReadMe (as mentioned) and look for any conflicts with your build and the supported. If you keep having trouble contact Tech Support.

Fortune favors the bald.

Also if you're feeling up to it,

Start>Run>Type in "DxDiag"

That will bring you to a list which has your systems information,

Now let Dxdiag load,after the green bar stops loading click on,Display Tab.

That should tell you what version you have and what Manufacturer your cards belongs to.

You could try reinstalling the game and graphic drivers.

Check the trouble shooting guide that came with the game, its located in Lucasarts>Knights of the old republic the sith lords>documents. There is a list of graphic cards/chipsets that support the game, from what I've read an Intel 900 *should* work but the older Intel chipsets won't.

Assuming you have windows try going into control panel>system>hardware>device manager>display adapters. That will show what graphics card you have-if your PC knows. It it doesn't you probably have a generic card or you don't have the right drivers.

Thanks guys, but I finally already got it going, I just have to turn off movies, Vsync, shadows, and grass....... But at least it works.

Good you got it running. But just to ask, have you tried updating your graphics driver? You may just have a very early edition of the driver that came with your laptop, or worse you may be using a windows driver (all of which are just enough to get the desktop and little elss running). Try going to Toshiba's web site and looking for your Toshiba M55 Satelite Laptop graphics driver.

It may be that you can get more out of your laptop with a newer driver.