It must be said ...

metadigital

Cricket puts me to sleep. Shane Warne is a sleaze, I go for New Zealand, but not for Cricket, because I have enough trouble staying awake.

Ha, well you wouldn't derive much joy from supporting the kiwi cricket team; the Tasmania B side could beat them with blindfolds. ;p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

i can't stand test cricket. could any sport possibly be more boring?  -_-

No surprises there: I wouldn't like cricket if I had to watch the NZ team ... :D

so I doubt anyone can call that boring.

Cricket, in all it's forms, is boring.

Thankyou, Hell Kitty, grand arbiter of taste. :aiee:

Cricket puts me to sleep. Shane Warne is a sleaze, I go for New Zealand, but not for Cricket, because I have enough trouble staying awake.

Ha, well you wouldn't derive much joy from supporting the kiwi cricket team; the Tasmania B side could beat them with blindfolds. ;p

yeah yeah we suck at cricket

cheeky **** ;)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

They should introduce the Haka for the cricket team. It might help :aiee:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The best thing about cricket is listening to Test Match Special on BBC radio. It is the most wonderfully cosy, comfortable, funny and reassuring sound for an Englishman abroad. Sadly, I didn't get to hear any this time as the cricket was on through the night. >_<

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I find all sports, except arena football, boring.

Women's volleyball is definitely not boring. >_

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

As an Englishman, I would like to say that we lost because cricket is an English summer sport. The players travelled to Australia in winter and were therefore confused and dismayed. It came out in their game.

Yup, that's what happened.

Cricket is really a game to be watched on the village green rather than on telly or in a stadium.

Dirty deeds done cheap.

i can't stand test cricket. could any sport possibly be more boring?  :aiee:

No surprises there: I wouldn't like cricket if I had to watch the NZ team ... :D

so I doubt anyone can call that boring.

Cricket, in all it's forms, is boring.

Thankyou, Hell Kitty, grand arbiter of taste. >_<

You doubted anyone could call it boring, I proved you wrong. :-

You're obviously not experiencing it under the proper conditions. I recommend drinking enough alcohol to kill a herd of elephants, then recovering on the sofa whilst a test match is playing on the tv; the light cycle of dozing will be pleasantly interrupted with occasional fits of excitement and replays to help you keep current. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest The Architect
As an Englishman, I would like to say that we lost because cricket is an English summer sport. The players travelled to Australia in winter and were therefore confused and dismayed. It came out in their game.

Cricket is really a game to be watched on the village green rather than on telly or in a stadium.

Umm...no.

We are better than you, that's why we won.

It was, and still is, the Summer over here, so England were playing at the right time of the year to play cricket over here. Besides, the Pome's were in Australia before the Ashes began, playing warm up games and stuff. They had plenty of time in the 'right weather' to prepare for the Ashes. Typical Pome, looking for excuses. :D ;)

Edited by The Architect

Umm...no.

We are better than you, that's why we won.

It was, and still is, the Summer over here, so England were playing at the right time of the year to play cricket over here. Besides, the Pome's were in Australia before the Ashes began, playing warm up games and stuff. They had plenty of time in the 'right weather' to prepare for the Ashes. Typical Pome, looking for excuses. :D ;)

woo woo, switch on your sarcasm detector :lol:

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Unlike my colonial colleague I understand that wining a game of cricket is not the same thing as being best at it. It's like being best at sitting by the fire. You don't get that way by having flashy uniforms and showing off. Of course, our national side are rubbish at that too. :unsure:

EDIT: Cricket was invented when a number of Englishmen were standing around in a field on a sunny day watching three of their friends chuck a ball around. Their wives turned up unexpectedly demanding they put up shelves. But a genius claimed their were ALL playing a game and couldn't leave. This had the added advantage of legitimising drinks afterwards.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.