It must be said ...

metadigital

_42417427_flintoffgetty203.jpg_42415855_trio270.jpg

England were pulverised on the fourth day of the Sydney Test as the Australia juggernaut swept to a 10-wicket win.

The resultant 5-0 whitewash was the first since 1920-21 and was a fitting send-off for Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath and Justin Langer in their final Test.

McGrath took two wickets as England were all out for 147 after resuming on 114-5, leaving Australia to score just 46 for victory.

And Langer and Matthew Hayden knocked off the runs with ease in 10.5 overs.

clickie!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Must be a Brit thing.  :aiee:

Actually, cricket was big in the US before the civil war; Lincoln encouraged baseball because it was simpler to learn and didn't take up as much space.

One of the greatest opening batsmen ever (the West Indian Gordon Greenidge) is currently helping the revival.

clickie

Well, you sure picked a good forum to gloat in. :)

One doesn't gloat, one informs the good peoples of the world about the facts. And, without access to such, you lot.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Your former colony has fallen far without your guidance Britain.. but at least Autralia holds true to the true sport of a Gent'.

Gent'...Is that what they're calling gay over there now? :mellow:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Gent'...Is that what they're calling gay over there now? :mellow:

queer; for the uncivilized brute as yer'self.

and you wouldn't know what a Gent was, even if you saw one.. such civilized behaviour would be like magic to you.. and with your cold heart, and skeptic mind, he would therefore be invisible..

Fortune favors the bald.

Thats the sport where they combine yard bowling and hopscotch?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

England is still the second best test cricket side in the world, or something like that. It only goes to show how far ahead the Australians are, although a number of their best players are retiring after this series.

:mellow:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Just love of the dicipline really. As you may know I have been a long time proponent of the introduction of olympic axes to the death, to spruce up an otherwize pretty pointless parade of mostly non-sports, like walking and syncronous swimming,

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Are there any Australians that have posted in this thread? Or any people who watched the ashes or understand the game of cricket? :(

Meta you from Aus or England? Anyways, Australia wont be much of a great team with the leaving of star Shane Warne and Glen Mcgrath, shame that Justin Langer is leaving and I've seen that Gilly has had some thoughts of retirement, lets just hope Australia has some good reinforcements for the team and hopefully just as good players to replace, and its really hard considering how good Shane Warne is with his spinning magic :)

Meta you from Aus or England?

You can't tell from his post and how easily he sunburns?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.