Shrek 3

Jorian Drake

Key to a Dreamworks CGI film: hire top grade actors for the voices, use ridiculous anthropomorphism, chuck in a series overtly self referential jokes in place of a story, insert montage. Repeat as necessary

Unfortunately, Pixar's Cars used this formula... thats why it sucked. The NASCAR theme also made it suck.

Edited by Surreptishus

Shrek 2 showed the best gags in the trailer.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

This is much better.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 3 weeks later...
Key to a Dreamworks CGI film: hire top grade actors for the voices, use ridiculous anthropomorphism, chuck in a series overtly self referential jokes in place of a story, insert montage. Repeat as necessary

Unfortunately, Pixar's Cars used this formula... thats why it sucked. The NASCAR theme also made it suck.

Don't be dissing Cars. It beat the hell out of The Incredibles.

Pitstop! :p

Don't be dissing Cars. It beat the hell out of The Incredibles.

Pitstop! :)

Pope, I might have to excommunicate you for that comment... The Incredibles was Pixar's best film.

Cars wasn't bad, just comparing it to all Pixar's other films made it look bad. But when the worst film a company makes is good, just not awesome, that speaks lots for the company.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Pope, I might have to excommunicate you for that comment... The Incredibles was Pixar's best film.

Cars wasn't bad, just comparing it to all Pixar's other films made it look bad. But when the worst film a company makes is good, just not awesome, that speaks lots for the company.

Well I thought The Incredibles was a big letdown. I might have to watch it again though.

Toy Story 2 is Pixar's best film :)

How did Cars not have a story?

Well I thought The Incredibles was a big letdown. I might have to watch it again though.

Toy Story 2 is Pixar's best film :dancing:

Toy Story 1

IB1OsQq.png

Look man, I'm all for anthropomorphism in cartoons. The old WB toons are among my all time favourites. I just draw the line at cars going on a romantic drive together and... falling in love!

Ditto, but THERE ARE NO PEOPLE! At all. Why are these car-creatures shaped in such a way to take human-shaped passengers when none exist. That's just silly.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Look man, I'm all for anthropomorphism in cartoons. The old WB toons are among my all time favourites. I just draw the line at cars going on a romantic drive together and... falling in love!

Ditto, but THERE ARE NO PEOPLE! At all. Why are these car-creatures shaped in such a way to take human-shaped passengers when none exist. That's just silly.

Oh right... I get you. I agree, its all wrong.

Edited by Surreptishus

Toy Story 2 is Pixar's best film :aiee:

Toy Story 1

I preferred the second one over the first one. It felt less like a Disney story to me.

The "I'm your father!" line alone was pure gold. :lol: