Can I have a Hindu swastika as my avatar?

roshan

Guest The Architect

In the end, it's just a picture, so sure, why not? It's not like it's going to come to life and bite anyone in the ass.

Edited by The Architect

Guest The Architect
Sorry The Architect, I've already vetoed the proposition.

There's nothing to be sorry about, because I don't really care if roshan is allowed to use the avatar or not. :)

Edited by The Architect

You go ahead and try... but I almost got the ban for trying exactly that. I went a bit further, even, and used this nice 1920's postcard as my sig. Fio was unimpressed, and I was issued an official warning.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, you go ahead and use it, that way I'll have something new to report you for.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It's a sun sign, not a swastika, the Nazis stole the design.

If youre referring to the one I posted, that is the real swastika(albeit a slightly more stylized variant). Svastika is a Sanskrit word. It dates back 5000 years in India to the Indus-Saraswati civilization. It is a Hindu/Buddhist symbol of auspiciousness, stability, evolution, devolution, holyness, eternity and is also a symbol of the sun god, Surya.

Edited by roshan

Several cultures over the world share/have shared it. Like the Halstat culture(pre-celtic) and good old Indo-European migrative folks known as Aryans.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What would be the motivation for using the sign? To spark controversy and tell the world to "look at me" or is it because you hold a strong beliefs in the Hindu religion?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Several cultures over the world share/have shared it. Like the Halstat culture(pre-celtic) and good old Indo-European migrative folks known as Aryans.

Quoted for truth, even jews used it on their buildings before hitler shown up.

Not too many Jewish people feel like associating with the symbol now, though.

As the Nazis assimilated the symbol and are now synonymous with it, I don't think it is a good idea.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Quoted for truth, even jews used it on their buildings before hitler shown up.

Those are still on their buildings mostly, also its used in scandinavia, india, japan, and indonesia, and by some tribes in south america

IB1OsQq.png

Not too many Jewish people feel like associating with the symbol now, though.

I talked with a rabbi (or what) about this when i was in their 'main building' in Budapest, they say they have different onlooks on this, just like on cristianity,

some ot them actually agree on jesus being God's child, but don't call themselves christians because the people burning and such in the medieval times,

also there are those who openly use the swatiska as it was meant to be, and hope to archieve with this that the symbole becomes again what it should be.

if i remeber correctly jews have 13-26 different 'branches', like christianity has catholicism, protestantism, anglicanism, ect.

IB1OsQq.png