What a Baby is Alive?

Blank

Abortion is wrong...  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Abortion is wrong...

• Always. (Anytime after conception).
    • Never. Go ahead and abort me now, see if I care.
    • Anytime after the baby is out of the womb.
    • A few months after conception.
    • After the middle stages of being in the womb.
    • After the latter stages of being in the womb
    • After the first twelve months subsequent to conception (aborting a little later than that is okay if absolutely necessary).
    • After a year subsequent to birth.
    • Sometime between one and two years subsequent to birth.
    • Heck, as I see it, if a toddler is being at all annoying, undesirably rowdy, or generally pugnacious, it's okay to abort him/her/it.
    • Le option where you explain why you voted for this option in a post you make belowzers.

In my system if the couple is in a loving relationship they would naturally come to a mutual decision. That is how relationships work. However if that is not the case it gives the woman the right to tell the man to shove off and let her deal with the problem herself in one way or another.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

In my system if the couple is in a loving relationship they would naturally come to a mutual decision.  That is how relationships work.  However if that is not the case it gives the woman the right to tell the man to shove off and let her deal with the problem herself in one way or another.

Oh wow, and what have I been saying all along, Sand? Geez. Beforehand you were saying how the woman had the final say regardless of the situation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but now it's as if you're just contradicting yourself for the sake of being right.

Anyway I'd love to stay and continue this insightful chat, but alas I have to go. Adios.

Like, uh, rules system for RPGs?

:dancing:

Edited by Dark Moth

I am saying that it is the woman's choice, regardless of the dynamics of the relationship, but if the relationship is a loving one then the woman permits the man's input on such matters. It is still ultimately up to the woman, but given the nature of positive relationships it will end up being a mutual decision anyway. However not all relationships are like this and one needs a system in place for all possibilities.

Woman's body. Woman's choice.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

If I can butt in here for a second.....

My personal belief on this is that after the first trimester, things become a bit more grey in terms of what consitutes human life, so before then, I believe abortion is perfectly fine.

Just to stress something that I often find eludes some people....a fetus, or a zygote, is nothing but biological life until it attains consciousness. It's biological life up until that point, then becomes something akin to human once it reaches said point. Just making sure people understand that..conception isn't the start of human life....

As for whether the choice to abort rests with the man, woman, or both parties, I'd say it's a joint decision, with more weight given to the woman's whim.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled bickering.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

The only say a man has in this matter is what the woman gives him.

As a man, what right do we have to tell a woman what she can do and not do to her own body?

she gave up ultimate control when she agreed to be impregnated...

taks

Horse****. Where's the explicit contract? Where's the implicit contract? By ****ing some girl and getting her pregnant do I then gain ownership of her, or dominion over her body? Engaging in a voluntary action while foreseeing a certain result does not entail that one has tacitly consented to that result. If I know that there are burglars in my neighborhood, and I have no locks on my doors, I am not consenting to being robbed, nor am I rescinding ownership of my possessions. If I am a woman, and I'm fully aware of the risk of pregnancy, by having sex I do not consent to being pregnant, nor do I rescind the right to my own body to anyone.

Your view is further ****ed in that even if it is reasonable that by having sex one agrees to carry a possible pregnancy to term, it is not reasonable that by having sex, a man claims ownership of a woman's body. That's retarded.

Edited by Pop

Right on, Pop!

Horse****. Where's the explicit contract? Where's the implicit contract? By ****ing some girl and getting her pregnant do I then gain ownership of her, or dominion over her body?

in other words, you're just another whiny feminist in male clothing?

really now, where did anyone say "dominion over her body"? look up the word hyperbole and try to understand the concept of a logical argument.

Engaging in a voluntary action while foreseeing a certain result does not entail that one has tacitly consented to that result.

yes, actually, it does. voluntary by definition implies consent. dictionary.com should be your friend.

If I know that there are burglars in my neighborhood, and I have no locks on my doors, I am not consenting to being robbed, nor am I rescinding ownership of my possessions.

more hyperbole, and a strawman argument to boot. the analogy doesn't even hold weakly. leaving your door unlocked is not akin to an invitation to incite burglary. having unprotected sex, knowing the consequences, is an invitation. duh.

If I am a woman, and I'm fully aware of the risk of pregnancy, by having sex I do not consent to being pregnant, nor do I rescind the right to my own body to anyone.

that's moronic, and again, we aren't talking about "recinding" anything. if you are a woman and you have unprotected sex (or sex that would otherwise result in a pregnancy), you have implied defacto consent for any consequences to yourself since you've knowingly invited said consequences.

Your view is further ****ed in that even if it is reasonable that by having sex one agrees to carry a possible pregnancy to term, it is not reasonable that by having sex, a man claims ownership of a woman's body. That's retarded.

didn't imply any ownership. really, where did i say that? show me, please. :crazy:

taks

comrade taks... just because.