Battlestar Movie and MMORPG in the Works?

metadigital

Well, just because it's not your demographic, Rosbjerg, doesn't mean it's a Bad Thing; I can imagine there are a large number of fans of the show (who are predominantly female) that would be attracted into computer gaming by this initiative ... new /expanding markets is good for the industry.

;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, just because it's not your demographic, Rosbjerg, doesn't mean it's a Bad Thing; I can imagine there are a large number of fans of the show (who are predominantly female) that would be attracted into computer gaming by this initiative ... new /expanding markets is good for the industry.

;)

actually - with a fear of sounding like a pansy - I like the show .. and have played Sims with great joy .. but a combination of the two?

I doubt anything but a minority will find this interesting.. and that minority better stay out of the gaming industry, since I wouldn't want them to have any influence! ^_^

Fortune favors the bald.

:-

actually - with a fear of sounding like a pansy - I like the show .. and have played Sims with great joy .. but a combination of the two?

I doubt anything but a minority will find this interesting.. and that minority better stay out of the gaming industry, since I wouldn't want them to have any influence! ^_^

But ... you can benefit from the cash they provide for the MMO to your gaming tastes. :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Thankfully the world is not restricted to the boundaries of your imagination, then.

Considering the tv show has been running since 1963, I find it pretty laughable that you think there isn't anything that could be used for a game.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I must admit I find it difficult to imagine a good game using the Dr Who license.. mostly because they would probably stick close to the new series - and more often than not are such adaptations horrific in both design and playing value. Not to mention horribly rushed..

Fortune favors the bald.

I can imagine a Doctor Who game using a scheme similar to Indigo Prophecy/Farhenheit.

RPG not so much though.

Although something like Deus Ex could work, less shooting, more puzzle and gadget usage.

As for a BSG game, I really liked some SW Battlefront 2 missions where you could run into the hangar bay, jump in a fighter and fly out of a massive capital ship. With some added RPG elements like conversations, exploration of planets and a chapter, story driven tale instead of a mission based game, this could work.

• 2 weeks later...
Declining ratings? Wow, that's a surprise. This show is easily one of the best Dramas going on TV right now and the best Sci-Fi series I've seen in awhile. I thought for sure with NBC promoting the show on their major network that ratings would only get better. Hopefully the show continues after this season, it would be a damn shame if it didn't. It still has to be Sci-Fi Channel's #1 program.....right?

When it was announced that SG-1 was being canceled, Eureka was the highest rated show on SciFi. I believe BSG was second. I haven't seen ratings as of late, so I can't say for sure how things are today. Probably not all that different.

As for a BSG game, I really liked some SW Battlefront 2 missions where you could run into the hangar bay, jump in a fighter and fly out of a massive capital ship. With some added RPG elements like conversations, exploration of planets and a chapter, story driven tale instead of a mission based game, this could work.

I'd see it more like Xwing Alliance where except that you wouldn't jump to waypoints. The missions would probably be more like your attached to one of the outlying vessels in the fleet and misjump and have to find your way back to galactica.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

When it was announced that SG-1 was being canceled, Eureka was the highest rated show on SciFi. I believe BSG was second. I haven't seen ratings as of late, so I can't say for sure how things are today. Probably not all that different.

Ratings for season 3 have been lower than for season 2, which is the problem.