World Of Darkness

Bobba Fett

Hi there

I'm just got VTM: Bloodlines reinstalled in my computer and going for a full run with a female Malquavian (wish me luck!!).

I have a GeForce 6600 GT / Pentium 4 etc... but I can only play with 800x600 someting settings and everything slowess down with rain and many npc. You know what is like.

But damn, this is a irresistible world, full of bizarre and compelling creatures. There are touches of greatness all over the game and you just feel that this should have been a "game of the year" but just crash like Icarus from the skies.

I think that Obsidian can make something really special with this material. It seems to be right down their alley, so many posibiilties.

There are growing with each game and even do I hope they strike gold with the Alien rpg, I just wish they considered WOD.

:bat:

Ps: sorry for any bad spelling

I heard the Malkavians no longer exist after Gehenna. :'(

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I heard the Malkavians no longer exist after Gehenna.  :'(

This is true. There are only five clans now: Daeva (akin to Toreadors), Gangrel, Mekhet, Nosferatu, and Ventrue. Not having played the original roleplaying game I don't know if the Malkavian departure is necessarily bad, but I enjoyed them in the Masquerade adaptation so it's a shame to see them go.

I don't know much about Requiem in itself but wouldn't mind seeing a CRPG adaptation of it, or other White Wolf settings.

Though I'd much prefer to see a Chtulhu CRPG.

Do you know "Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners Of The Earth"?

It's a action/adventure game (Splinter Cell type), but it's the best game around about the work of H. P.. Lovecraft.

:wacko:

I worked briefly with one of the coders who worked on tat game, just a random fact... It had a very strange name, phelamn or some crap, it was on an MMORPG called gyrps the team eventually went on to develop an engine, Gryps, phelamn or something I believe still works at that studio, he was a very talented engineer.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Wish I had that rulebook on me, I could look it up. Blasted vacation. Malks are still around in WoD, but as jorian said, they're a "subclan", but I thought they were Mekhet instead of Ventrue :sorcerer: . I preferred the Masquerade arrangement, personally.

Didn't somebody say they were working on a Vampire MMO? Not really my bag, I'd like to see another Bloodlines-esque game, but eh, it's something.

Are they still so delightfully insane?

I've played Bloodlines twice and both times as Malkavian, I can't play any other race. Talking to stop signs (No you!), talking to the TV, making people go insane and hallucinate or just start laughing. For further proof of how much Malks rock, look at Dark Raven's avatar.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They are insane, but I'm not sure about their derangement-derived wisdom and insights. They removed Dementation as well.

In one word, suckage. :sorcerer:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Its been a while since I read the Reqiuem rule book, the more I recall some things, I am starting to dislike it.

Give into the hatred. :brows:

Well, to be fair, the new wod does a few things better... like the new Nosferatu and some of the game mechanics... but the new "clans" reaaaaaaaaaally kill it for me.

They should have streamlined the old game, rather than putting it all into a blender and then tossing it around the room. :brows:

I'm not very fond of the new rules set, I prefer good old Masquerade.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Its been a while since I read the Reqiuem rule book, the more I recall some things, I am starting to dislike it.

Give into the hatred. :brows:

Well, to be fair, the new wod does a few things better... like the new Nosferatu and some of the game mechanics... but the new "clans" reaaaaaaaaaally kill it for me.

They should have streamlined the old game, rather than putting it all into a blender and then tossing it around the room. :brows:

they should have streamlined the entire universe. I mean you can't have a maxed out Mage against a vampire against a demon. Vampire would be TOTALLY out classed, don't get me started on Hunter. If they had streamlined the series and gave ground rules for mixing the games (especially given they are set in the same universe) They would have sold a heck of alot more.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Bloodlines is probably my favourite game I've played in the past few years. The storyline was really well done, they managed to avoid the bad Melrose place episode meets yuppie power struggle story that Vampire Requiem seems to favour - not that the old WoD didnt have any of that, but a central theme of Gehenna did manage to avoid a really bad aftertaste.

I'm not sure how well Obsidian would be able to pull off a nWoD game, if NWN2 was the pinnacle of their storytelling, we're better off not seeing a game set in a setting that can be so horribly abused by hundreds of cliches and Spelling tv show plot lines.

Indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed Bloodlines. I think the WoD has a lot of potential. Have to say as good as Malkavians were, the Mage... Tremere were a lot more powerful and fun to play (FPS-wise... talking to stop signs is always gold).

The game went to **** at the end. As did KOTOR2. Why do that? It REALLY ruins an awesome game. *sigh*

Luckily, Bloodlines even had enough good choices to make to make me happy. I'm one of those people who just doesn't get a kick out of being evil.

It'd be fantastic if they made some trilogy, with each game handling a different location/period of time with familiar aspects (people, themes) through it.

Some of the vamp powers like the Malk's sharing of knowledge could become minigames in themselves by having the player play "flashbacks". Great storytelling tools for developing characters too. A minor character in the current game (brief encounter) could be given more depths in thes flashback/forwards.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

The game went to **** at the end. As did KOTOR2. Why do that? It REALLY ruins an awesome game. *sigh*
Why, they obviously did it on purpose, to upset you.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.