Favorite Quotations

Guard Dog

Post you favorite quotes. It can be from anywhere or anyone. Even someone here on this board. Three of my favorites are:

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."

- Sir Winston Churchill

"At what point shall we expect the approach of danger? By what means shall we fortify against it? Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant, to step the Ocean, and crush us at a blow? Never! All the armies of Europe, Asia, and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth...could not by force, take a drink from the Ohio, or make a track on the Blue Ridge, in a trial of a thousand years... If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

- Abraham Lincoln

"Who would fear the wrath of a coward?"

-Thomas Paine

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.

Joseph Stalin

If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.

Joseph Stalin

One death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic.

Joseph Stalin

I must be cruel only to be kind;

Thus bad begins, and worse remains behind.

William Shakespeare

We know what we are, but not what we may be.

William Shakespeare

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

James Chen- "It is unwise to annoy your executioner."

Friar Truc- *snarling* "We are a happy, fun loving people."

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has time to get its pants on"

Krookie, have you been reading again? :-

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Check the sig.

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

"It's too bad he lives in the city. He's depriving some small village of a pretty good idiot." -- Mike Milbury on Ziggy Palffy's agent Paul Kraus

"We've made a final offer. We hope Ziggy Palffy will come to his senses. We have NO hope his agent will."

- Islanders GM and Head Coach Mike Milbury

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

[at a passing column of German prisoners] Hey, you! That's right, you stupid Kraut bastards. That's right. Say hello to Ford, and General fu**in' Motors. You stupid fascist pigs. Look at you. You have horses. What were you thinking? Dragging our asses half way around the world, interrupting our lives. For what, you ignorant, servile scum. What the f**k are we doing here?

David Webster

That's from Band of Brothers.

"To learn that Napoleon in 1796 and 20,000 men beat combined forces of 30,000 by something called `economy of force' or `operating on interior lines' is a mere waste of time. If you can understand how a young, unknown man inspired a half-starved, ragged, rather Bolshie crowd; how he filled their bellies, how he out-marched, out-witted, out-bluffed, and defeated men who had studied war all their lives and waged it according to the text books of the time, you will have learnt something worth knowing."

- Field Marshall A.P.Wavell

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"Let me have men about me that are fat,

Sleek-headed men, and such as sleep o' nights:

Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look;

He thinks too much: such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

"I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'" William Shakespeare, Henry V

"Men ought either to be indulged or utterly destroyed, for if you merely offend them they take vengeance, but if you injure them greatly they are unable to retaliate, so that the injury done to a man ought to be such that vengeance cannot be feared." Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. Voltaire

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

"I repeat...that all power is a trust; that we are accountable for its exercise; that from the people, and for the people all springs, and all must exist." Benjamin Disraeli

Edited by Kroney

Dirty deeds done cheap.

No Twain or Wilde yet? They're probably the kings on one liners.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

-Mark Twain

Thomas Sowell

Guest The Architect

"I always tell the truth, even when I lie."

-Scarface (Al Pacino)

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

-The Godfather (Marlon Brando)

"Jak sie masz? My name-a Borat. I like you. I like sex. Is nice!"

-Borat

"How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them."

- OverPowered Godzilla

"I have created some of the greatest physicall warriors ever so I know what I am talking about."

- OverPowered Godzilla

"K first off I don't need my mom to by it for me. I make plenty of money from hustlein."

- OverPowered Godzilla

Edited by The Architect

Even in the Chinese restaurant, where the Lord has lifted the ban on pork dishes for the obedient children of Israel, the eating of lobster Cantonese is considered by God (Whose mouthpiece on earth, in matters pertaining to food, is my Mom) to be totally out of the question. Why we can eat pig on Pell Street and not at home is because. . . frankly I still haven't got the whole thing figured out, but at the time I believe it has largely to do with the fact that the elderly man who owns the place, and whom amongst ourselves we call Shmendrick, isn't somebody whose opinion of us we have cause to worry about. Yes, the only people in the world whom it seems to me the Jews are not afraid of are the Chinese. Because, one, the way they speak English makes my father sound like Lord Chesterfield; two, the insides of their heads are just so much fried rice anyway; and three, to them we are not Jews but white - and maybe even Anglo-Saxon. Imagine! No wonder the waiters can't intimidate us. To them we're just some big-nosed variety of WASP! Boy, do we eat! Suddenly even the pig is no threat - though, to be sure, it comes to us so chopped and shredded, and is then set afloat on our plates in such oceans of soy sauce, as to bear no resemblance at all to a pork chop, or a hambone, or, most disgusting of all, a sausage (ucchh! ). .. But why then can't we eat a lobster, too, disguised as something else? Allow my mother a logical explanation. The syllogism, Doctor, as used by Sophie Portnoy. Ready? Why we can't eat lobster. Because it can kill you! Because I ate it once, and I nearly died!

Yes, she too has committed her transgressions, and has been duly punished. In her wild youth (which all took place before I got to know her) she had allowed herself to be bamboozled (which is to say, flattered and shamed simultaneously) into eating lobster Newburg by a mischievous, attractive insurance agent who worked with my father for Boston Northeastern, a lush named (could it be better?) Doyle.

- Philip Roth, Portnoy's Complaint.

1. Everything has an appointed season, and there is a time for every matter under the heaven.

2. A time to give birth and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to uproot that which is planted.

3. A time to kill and a time to heal; a time to break and a time to build.

4. A time to weep and a time to laugh; a time of wailing and a time of dancing.

5. A time to cast stones and a time to gather stones; a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing.

6. A time to seek and a time to lose; a time to keep and a time to cast away.

7. A time to rend and a time to sew; a time to be silent and a time to speak.

8. A time to love and a time to hate; a time for war and a time for peace.

9. What profit has the one who works in that which he toils?

- Kohelet.

It sure isn't funny to see a guy in a wheelchair try to get up a flight of steps, when there isn't a ramp. Even when I rocked around in the wheelchair I'd rented, flapping my arms around and making rocket noises, I couldn't get a laugh.

If I had my say, I would have made it so Hitler went to Heaven instead of Hell. Think about it. In Heaven, everybody'd be giving him dirty looks and swatting him in the head for all eternity. In Hell, he'd just be getting high-fives all the time.

Who would have guessed that the summers of yesteryear would disappear so quickly? Well, if anyone did, I'll bet it was Batman. He's a detective.

If you're being tried for something, and the court's got a whole lot of evidence against you, and you're probably going to go to jail, don't just jump up and try to run away. It turns out they're prepared for that kind of thing.

If the government really didn't want me to have sex with children, I'm sure they would have made a law about it by now. No, I mean about me specifically.

"Look, just listen to me," the psychiatrist said. "Screaming at everything all the time solves absolutely nothing." I had no idea what he was talking about. A good screaming should fix his wagon.

It doesn't bother me at all when the scientists laugh at me. I say, let's just let time be the judge whether dinosaur skeletons were left for us to pore over and examine (dull), or to tie up and use in merry puppet shows. (fun!)

Those are all Jay Pinkerton. I couldn't pick just one.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

"I stopped smoking twenty years ago. No hypnosis, drugs or nothing. Just like that... and it has been living hell ever since."

"I moved to this really good neighbourhood. Schools are close to our children, crime rate is low and neighbours are nice. Only problem is those burning abandoned cars, but that

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.