Total Defense Build

Has anyone tried the "The Total Defensive Character Build" proposed by Happywalrus in Dan Simpson's guide?

It says to use Sentinel/Weaponmaster and devoting everything, if not most, in Dexterity and Wisdom and taking Finesse: Lightsabers with tons of defense buff spells, and massive Blaster Deflection crystals.

Has anyone tried this or something akin to this build?

Did you leave everything else at base(:( and just pumped Dex and Wisdom, or everything else at 10 and pump Dex and Wisdom? Or something else?

That build would work best with a Male Char-you can pick up a skill from the handmaiden that allows you to add your wisdom modifyer to your AC. The only downside to this build is that you have to take a gamble that you will find a good robe or two during play as the Jedi armour in the game only allows a +4 dex modifyer.

And yes, I've tried this build before, works ok.

Edited by Darth Mortis

If character is male, and if you learned battle precognition from Handmaiden, even you cannot find items like improved automation gloves for increasing Dex, Wisdom plus items would also increase defence as well. Ossus Keeper robes spawns as regular item. If playing as LS, Circlet of Saresh might help, but spawn of item is random. And retuning PC crystal from time to time with Kreia will increase stats somewhat although DS alignment does not increase Wis.

With character for such game, you could have base Str at 16-18 or so, and simply raise either Dex or Wis higher than Str. Usually either Dex will be higher than Wis or other way round.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I personally like to play with a high defence and CON character (sentinel/watchman), where CON is for the implants. I start with everything at 14 (except CHA, which I leave at 10 and INT at 12)

When leveling up I get my CON up to 18 and then starting from lvl 20 I put all the remaining points to DEX. From LS mastery you can get additional +6 points to CON, which will leave you swimming in HP the higher your character level gets.

Use items that raise your DEX or WIS and upgrade your crystal. Use 2 lightsabers and make sure they both have fencing emitters in them. That way you get more defence than with 1 lightsaber and the dueling feat.

That way I always finish with a lvl 30 character who has ~55 defence (without buffing powers) and a load of hitpoints.

So that makes you hard to hit and also take a lot of punishment!

Usually characters that have Str 16 have easier time when fighting Handmaidens or perhaps Mandalorians, but some Str bonus items can increase stat further. But frankly, having most stats at 14 is probably more sensible. That's stats for many of my games, anyhow.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I've played through as both a Defence, Offence and pure Force user.. no matter what build; I still had alot of HP and FP and could easily wipe the floor with anyone in no time..

in essence, it doesn't really matter.. once you're lvl 20+ you can take anyone down.

Edit: although I found the pure Force user to be the most effective.. he could spawn Force Storm (even as LS) without it showing on his FP bar - and kill everyone, but the "bosses", within 2-3 tries.

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.