Joystick

Walsingham

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but it is about wireless technology.

I have 2 wireless controllers for my PS2, 2.4Mhz. I think they are both Hip Gear, one has vibrations capability.

I usually have new batteries in them and I always end up losing the connection after a few minutes of play. When this happens I need to unplug the receiver in the console, replug it and then I can usually play a bit before it happens again.

Has this ever happened to anyone? What causes it?

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but it is about wireless technology.

I have 2 wireless controllers for my PS2, 2.4Mhz. I think they are both Hip Gear, one has vibrations capability.

I usually have new batteries in them and I always end up losing the connection after a few minutes of play. When this happens I need to unplug the receiver in the console, replug it and then I can usually play a bit before it happens again.

Has this ever happened to anyone? What causes it?

I use Logitech 2.4Mhz wireless w/ vibration and they are outstanding. Surprisingly long battery life and Ive never lost connection unless the batteries died.

...Which is BOUND to make him feel better. My best guess woudl be that the vibration is shaking something loose in the controller.

...Unless the vibrations are changing the frequency the controller is using. But that seems a tad unlikely.

My mouse sometimes has a similar problem, now I think about it, and that's logitech wireless. I roll the batteries like you do for a remote control, and restart the computer.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was asking because I'm worried that I will have similar problem once I buy one of those shiny new consoles.

The vibrations don't cause the connection loss. I have the same trouble with my other wireless that doesn't have the motors.

I thought it was cell phones disrupting the frequency.

Sorry. My technical know-how expired right after the first sentence.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, I wouldn't think so, it can only happen if your controller is operating on the same frequency as another one, say, and they are both within range of each other. I'm just trying to thin outside the box. :x

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I am still absolutely chuffed to its about my saitek joystick. It is immensely comfortable with its adjustable features. And the blue light is still awesome.

-Elwood Blues

• 2 weeks later...
That's why police use blue lights.

I thought that was the whole 'underground lizards' thing.

-Elwood Blues

Hmmm...

The police where I live use Red, Blue, Clear, and Yellow lights.

Often all at once.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The who what now?

-Elwood Blues