Dropship

karka

Yeah but it's from an ex-Troika guy, and that means it's going to have lots of bugs. And I don't just mean gigantic debris-eating space bugs.

I doubt that, more because the scale of this game seems relatively small than any programming talent. Unless this one guy was responsible for all the coding at Troika, I don't think he deserves being labelled yet.

That Ex-Troika guy was the Lead Artist on ToEE, and while that shouldn't say anything about the code, I don't feel any better about that project. But using the Source Engine is a plus.

How can an artist have ANYTHING to do with the preparation of the code in the company? Does that mean everyone in Goldman-Sacks gets a $50M bonus this Christmas, too (like the CEO)?

It also presupposes that the individual won't learn from the past and make sure

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

On the other hand, Troika didn't exactly have a history of learning from their mistakes. All three games were pretty buggy on release. But I agree that this guy shouldn't take the blame for it, after all the art was pretty good.

Isn't this the guy that had an interview linked to a while back where he talked a bit about the game (or games iirc) and how much opportunity Steam had opened up for small developers?

(looks at link)

Yeah, it is. So it seems interesting enough, let's just hope it turns out that way as well.