Star Wars Galaxies

Sturm

And there is a Lord of the Rings Online comming out next year, so I might consider that, I have always been a fan of that, and Warcraft is basically a rip off, of Lord of the Rings to an extent, doesnt look to bad, I wouldnt mind exploring Middle Earth from a MMORPG sort of perspective.

The only reason I wanted to get Galaxies was I thought it would be like KotOR just more defined, Going to planets, multiple planets that is, and not just being able to go to one settlement but basically explore the whole planet.

sigh...

Have you looked at any of the warhammer gameplay vids ? Guess not, when I said it's a wow clone it's just that, same animations, same look, hell the walking animations are the same. Now I've played Eq and Eq 2, didn't really enjoy either. WOw I enjoyed even got addicted to it, and finally quit, Thank god my friends that i had beforep laying didn't leave lol. MMORPG's are built for people who have their lives to give. Until i see a game that is about talent, i doubt I go back into the MMORPG world.

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

LOL nero, im on EVERY MMORPG mailing list and beta list. Fail to see what your point is?

Warhammer isnt a copy of WOW, just because you say it doesnt make it true. Ive backed up my reasoning with valid and relivant FACTS. You have just made sweeping false statements based on your limited and obvious unexperienced opinion.

So you watched a couple vids? So what, have you read the dev journals? Read the dev chats? followed the game since BEFORE Mythic took over? Do you even know who was making Warhammer before Mythic? Nuff said!

Have you tried Lord of the Rings? Since you bring up that game you must have experience in the game or have you just seen a vid again????

LotR is a poorly designed game that is the areas with cameo appearences from the movie characters. All in all its a poor attempt to try and cash in on the movies and will not be a even moderate success.

But you knew that right? I mean with all your vid watching experience!

I remember when SW: Galaxies first came out. All the guys at the office were raving about it and how you could buy real estate and build homes or other buildings on it and how you could have shops that were persistent (in other words, your shop continues to do business even if you are offline).

Apparently, it is still the only game to feature this. I will probably check it out eventually just because I like that concept and want to see how it works.

But it seems to me that MMOs are all about socializing. If you want to socialize first and game second, go for an MMO. But that is not the primary reason I play computer games. If I want the social component, I play tabletop games.

If and when I do play online again, it will probably be Guild Wars. I've only played the first chapter (haven't beat it) and now there are 2 other chapters that build on each other.

Guild Wars is extremely story-focused and it really amounts to playing a single-player RPG in a multiplayer world. When you are in a town, hamlet, stronghold, etc, you can talk to other people, but when you go into an adventure area, you get a private instance that only includes you and anyone who may have joined your party in town....later on, there are henchmen you can hire in town if you prefer to not have another player join in.

I've also heard the PVP is pretty good (think my guild versus your guild) but they keep the PVP world and the roleplay world totally seperate.

Anyway, GW is probably not the socializer's MMO but it is the roleplayer's multiplayer game, IMO.

lol, this has become quite a slame on MMORPGs.

Sadly, I tried SWGs and had a bad time of it too. I kept telling myself that I can't judge the game too soon (meaning I quickly started disliking it).

I wanted to be a saberweilding jedi. Then found out that I would not get a lightsaber for some time. I then ended up on a quest that said to talk to someone but when I tried that guy said "I have nothing for you, come back later." But still I told myself not to be hasty. I started asking for help on the quest in public areas with lots of chars running around. I asked again and again for 2 hours, I didn't even get a "get lost noob". And still like a trooper I played on. Next I found that I could go to different worlds! I quickly got off of the over used planet of Tatooine and went from planet to planet in search of... something interesting. They all looked the same! Big worlds with on clear porpose and buildings OMG! - but just about no one around.

I would continue my sad story but if you made it this far I feel you should suffer no longer.

That is my two cents.

Edited by Watchman

When it first came out SWG not everyone could be a jedi, so if you could be well it was kool but it was more luck I believe, so fan boys who couldn't most likely hated the game from the start but it had so much more, but it quickly killed it's self

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

What are the planets like? How many can you go to? Which ones can you go to?

You can basically wander everywhere on every planet (Tatooine, Naboo, Rori, Lok, Endor, Corellia, Talus, Dantooine, Yavin IV) except for Kashyyyk and Mustafar IIRC.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

• 2 weeks later...
When it first came out SWG not everyone could be a jedi, so if you could be well it was kool but it was more luck I believe, so fan boys who couldn't most likely hated  the game from the start but it had so much more, but it quickly killed it's self

LOL nice deflection of your previous statements.

You made sweeping statements and then argued when presented with FACTS, so rather then change topic how about you now enlighten us with YOUR FACTS?

Cant? Didnt think so!

Yeah I went on the site, and there are some random planets that are in it, like Rori and Lok, which arent that well known that could have been replaced by something like Coruscant.

Coruscant is way too metropolitan for the design of SWG. The game can't even do Corellia decently. 3 or 4 cities and then empty space (then the player made cities). Coruscant is just one giant city. It would fry their servers.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I almost renewed my subscription to SWG but instead I bought NFL playoff tickets

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Coruscant is way too metropolitan for the design of SWG.  The game can't even do Corellia decently.  3 or 4 cities and then empty space (then the player made cities).  Coruscant is just one giant city.  It would fry their servers.

correct, but it could certainly be used in a single-player RPG (gee, can't seem to think of the name right now <_< ) as most it would be non-walkable scenery, the important stuff (i.e. Senate Chamber) who be flown to (and probably cut-scene-based). The actual "free roam" area would be quite limited.

Sometimes I miss this game. Living at the Blueleaf Temple. Joining guilds to kill the leaders' Jedi. Sending my pet droid onto rooftops to kill AFK Jedi. Waiting in the nearest cloner for that Jedi to rez, so I can kill him again. Going to a hidden Jedi town to kill a Jedi, killing a Jedi, then realizing it was the wrong Jedi.

Good times.

Edited by Tale

Lol, sounded like you where a bounty hunter.

I lived on Bria. From the moment I saw Uzzitzilaz, the first Jedi, dueling in a Coronet starport, I knew I had to exterminate every last one of them.

Edited by Tale

SWG:

1-Download Demo = 10 hours

2-Install game = 20 minutes

3-Update game = 4 hours

4-Create Character = 5 minutes

5-Clever screen scrolls = 2 minutes

6-Lag = 1 second

7-Lag = 1 second

8-Lag = 1 second

9-Lag = 1 second