Takhisis - Dark Queen of Krynn,

grape

Hi,

What statistics or chances would you give Takhisis in her female form, like you can see it on the picture/cover, if it would come to a battle?

female form:

ova-9.jpg

For your opinions I would be very grateful.

Regards

Jan

In typical male artist fashion, she's built more for pleasure than for combat, so I wouldn't give her very high combat stats in that form. Intelligence, wisdom, and charisma would probably be high (derived from other form), and perhaps her constitution would be decent too (resistant to poison, death magic, etc.)

Other than that, I've no idea. It's been ages since I played SSI's Krynn series so I can't remember much, and my D&D library has been non-existant until recent years.

Edited by Wistrik

I'm curious. Are all the worlds in D&D somehow connected?

I've read some of the Dragonlance novels back when I was in middle school. I enjoyed them greatly, especially Tasslehoff and Fizban, the deranged fireball shooting wizard.

When I played BG2 I was surprised to see the Solamnic Knights Quest in the Planar Sphere, which obviously referenced Krynn. Before that when I played Torment, I understood that Sigil was the gateway to many many planes of existence. There were the Material, Lower and Higher Planes I think?

I remember the Material Plane encompassed such worlds as Krynn and the Forgotten Realms, which are really the only two I know of, and the Lower Planes were like the Hells where Tanarri and Baatezu were waging the Blood War, and the Higher Planes were the homes of the Celestial beings.

So what about the Gods of the different worlds? Where do they exist? What planes do they exist on? Do they ever run into each other? I remember Takhisis existed in the Abyss...I think. Is that some part of the Lower Planes? Could she run into an evil God from another material Plane, like Cyric from the FR? Would they get along? Would they get it on? :shifty:

What about the OverGods...so to speak? I know there is AO, in the FR and there is Chaos in Krynn, Would they ever run into each other on some Plane?

Possibly; but doubtful they would intervere.

In the old days, the various MP were connected through the Planescape universe. Gods could actually be worshipped on multiple worlds (ie. Tyr or Takhisis) and if they had 'died' on on world; it doesn't neccesaarily mean they have died on another. Multi world dieties are powerful in that as a god whose power is focuse din one world who dies is as 'dead' as a god can be 9though no god is truly irrevocably dead in 99.9% of cases).

In 3e, supposeldy, the FR (and other worlds) are closed off; but I ignore it as it's dumb.

P.S. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate since I'm just going off anicent memory.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm curious. Are all the worlds in D&D somehow connected?

I've read some of the Dragonlance novels back when I was in middle school. I enjoyed them greatly, especially Tasslehoff and Fizban, the deranged fireball shooting wizard.

When I played BG2 I was surprised to see the Solamnic Knights Quest in the Planar Sphere, which obviously referenced Krynn. Before that when I played Torment, I understood that Sigil was the gateway to many many planes of existence. There were the Material, Lower and Higher Planes I think?

I remember the Material Plane encompassed such worlds as Krynn and the Forgotten Realms, which are really the only two I know of, and the Lower Planes were like the Hells where Tanarri and Baatezu were waging the Blood War, and the Higher Planes were the homes of the Celestial beings.

So what about the Gods of the different worlds? Where do they exist? What planes do they exist on? Do they ever run into each other? I remember Takhisis existed in the Abyss...I think. Is that some part of the Lower Planes? Could she run into an evil God from another material Plane, like Cyric from the FR? Would they get along? Would they get it on?  :aiee:

What about the OverGods...so to speak? I know there is AO, in the FR and there is Chaos in Krynn, Would they ever run into each other on some Plane?

So far as I understand it (from what little I know of Spelljammer) each realm has its own universe, a "crystal sphere" or somesuch. One can physically travel within the spheres, but not between them. But the planar cosmology connects all the realms together.

The thing is that it's relatively easy to get to other planes, but it's trickier to get back to where you started from. Going from the planes to the Prime Material could have you ending up just about anywhere, in any setting, which is why planar jaunts make such good adventures. Sigil is the city of Portals, and you could theoretically get anywhere if you have the right portal and the right key, as was outlined in PS:T. Usually not that simple, though.

You can also travel between worlds (even places like Dark Sun which aren't accessible by planar travel) by entering the mists at the border of Ravenloft and concentrating on your destination, but there's a 99% chance you'll fail, and probably die in the process.

The thing is that it's relatively easy to get to other planes, but it's trickier to get back to where you started from. Going from the planes to the Prime Material could have you ending up just about anywhere, in any setting, which is why planar jaunts make such good adventures.

That would make a great game.

Going through NWN2,

talking to Startear and knowing Ammon Jerro / Sand, I'd say it's a good bet we could have something exactly like that in an official NWN2 expansion, if the Shard-bearer's story is continued

okay :

1: the takhisis is dead, so unless she had an escape plan A and b and pullled off a Bane thing she will stay dead.

2:yes and no all the dnd campaigns are in a way connected, they connect only via means of the planes that they share, greyhawk, FR and DL share the astral plane, while GW,FR and Eberron share a plane of shadows or shadow plane, two versions and both are true.

as for the other settings, like dark sun, well you'll have to ask someone else

Edited by steelfiredragon

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

Quick (somewhat) off-topic question: I recall that once you hit level 20 as a Wizard in Dark Sun you had to evolve into another kind of creature type. I guess that Dragons was one of them due to the sorcerer kings but where there other forms aswell?

• 1 month later...
Hi,

What statistics or chances would you give Takhisis in her female form, like you can see it on the picture/cover, if it would come to a battle?

female form:

ova-9.jpg

For your opinions I would be very grateful.

Well... I dont think she has very much AC :woot:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That goofy headdress would have to have some kind of magic whatsit on it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.