Its been awhile, post your desktop image!

Sand

I've been using this one as a tiled background desktop, because ... well, because I love Puss n Boots. I have yet to find it in a bigger size ... not that I've looked really hard.

puss_test1e1.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 1 month later...

I've decided to attach some pictures of what my desk looks like at home.

1. Left, my vcr and portable dvd player (dvd player has built in tv tuner) is hooked up to my pc. my laptop is in front of the vcr. Three remotes (pc, vcr, dvd player), telephone.

2. Centre are 2 x 22" widescreen viewsonic monitors (left one has an ipod port and speakers with subwoofer hooked up to dvd player/vcr), capture card in middle of monitors. speakers behind right monitor are hooked up to pc. I can have the dvd player playing aa well as a music video on my pc playing with two sets of speakers. Turn one down and listen to the other. Or listen to both at the same time.

3. Right is my pc, in front is a mic on a stand, and on top are a broadband modem and 3.5" floppy drive

Behind me sitting on some small drawers is a scanner and sitting on a credenza is a colour laser printer and colour fax. Can't be bothered to take the pics.

I took these pics with my mobile phone so that's why they're crappy. ;)

post-843-1184405106_thumb.jpg

post-843-1184405117_thumb.jpg

post-843-1184405128_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

My current work desktop is one I totally stole from one of you last time we had this thread. Its called "Fallen Angel" iirc and shows a cybernetic angel being comforted be a "normal" angel. Would post the pic if I knew how.

Hit the printscreen key. Go into paint, hit ctrl+V. There ya go. ;)

Mine.

post-2035-1166555670_thumb.jpg

One can never go wrong with armored boobies.

manthing2.jpg

screenshot12.jpg

Now imagine some rar-files, a file that reads "Modit"(mods) and a bunch of game exes(at least TLJ, SS2, Fallout Tactics, Freelancer and Thief 2 X) over that. I'm using the "olive green" xp theme.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 2 weeks later...

lcarsdesktop.jpg

Gotta love DesktopX :thumbsup: A fully functional lcars system.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

@Arkan: Damn, you have a lot of RAM.

Are your sure that you are looking at the right number...

Upper left hand corner, just below time, date, cpu, shows a memory of 440.4M. So, thats 4G of RAM. Wait, that would be 44G of RAM, right?

Edited by Gfted1

I don't use a desktop image because my screen is off when I'm not at home and never idles when I am home. I always have a game, IDE, or document taking up the whole display (24", 1920x1200) so my "wallpaper" changes constantly. I prefer it that way after running with an actual wallpaper for years.

@Arkan: Damn, you have a lot of RAM.

Are your sure that you are looking at the right number...

Upper left hand corner, just below time, date, cpu, shows a memory of 440.4M. So, thats 4G of RAM. Wait, that would be 44G of RAM, right?

I believe tha'ts 440 Megs of ram in use.

I wish I had 4 gigs of ram!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Well, I was bored with my background, so I made another one. This one being Optimus Prime because I adore him. So, here he is. Unfortunately, my Photobucket account is free and I don't have it under 1 MB and I can't host the entire thing on there, just a smaller, crappier version of it. Well, just imagine this in 1280x1024. It looks better larger as do most things. But, alas, I am broke and do not have money for a large, paid account. Though, if someone would host it for me... I'd love you forever.

th_TransformersPhotoshop4.jpg

Edit: Made it clickable because it was slightly large. It just looks like an LJ header now instead of a wallpaper. Pity. *sigh*

Edited by Omelette

If you have a program that lets you control the compression your JPG files use, you can tweak the setting to get the image under 1 meg and still keep your resolution. That's how I do it for my 1920x1200 screenshots, which often start out around 5 meg in size.

Don't bothe rher with your technical nonsense. Just pay for her account.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

So long as Obsidian is kind enough to offer limited (but still greater than most sites) photo uploading, we don't really need a paid host. :skeptical:

I can't remember if I was still running a 486 when I downloaded this image (off a BBS since the internet wasn't public).

Another old wallpaper.

Took the advice and was able to edit them so that they're wallpaper size. Thanks! I usually am able to save my photoshop stuff and never really exceeded 1 MB before, so yeah...

Mine is the Optimus and my sister likes Bumblebee, so I made her one.

th_TransformersPhotoshop5.jpg

th_TransformersPhotoshop4-1.jpg

Edit: I should be sleeping now. *yawn*

Edited by Omelette

I've decided to attach some pictures of what my desk looks like at home.

Do people with two monitors have to lift the mouse off the desk as they move it to make it jump from one screen to the next?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)