Father murders child over Xbox

Darth Tratious

Meh, I think torturing him would be stooping to his level.

AT LEAST! Someone gives a logical answer on these boards! What's wrong with you guys? Just by reading your posts, I notice that most of you are pro-deathpenalty and such... You are no better than this guy, ya know... Tchh, I am happy to live in Europe

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Meh, I think torturing him would be stooping to his level.

AT LEAST! Someone gives a logical answer on these boards! What's wrong with you guys? Just by reading your posts, I notice that most of you are pro-deathpenalty and such... You are no better than this guy, ya know... Tchh, I am happy to live in Europe

Why should we give this guy the same consideration that we would give somebody who doesn't kill children?

I didnt say he shouldn't be punished! I just happen to believe that, if we are civilised people living in a TRULY democratic country, we shouldn't even consider torture or the death penalty as a solution. Supporting the death penalty is not better than committing the murder yourselves...

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Poor guy and poor baby. Sad doesn't even come close to this.

'Poor guy' my ass! For this slime-ball I'd build a plastic room, attach a 2000 watt microwave oven magnetron tube and punch the 'dinner' button a few times and not feel too much sorrow. Maggot!

:rolleyes:

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Not that the guy doesn't deserve it, but it's pretty sad that our reaction is to try and think of the vilest things to do to the guy. I can't get past the fact that about two seconds of reflex anger destroyed this life.

When I get past that, I'm pretty sure Jack Thompson will be ready to brief us on the child-killing instincts video games breed in us, 'cuz of, y'know, Satan and stuff.

Although I would be so very happy to do horribly painful things to this Anwar Sallahudin or whatever, perhaps simply forcing him to destroy his own 600$ XBox with various tools would do the trick?

I'm sure they can come up with something.

I think torture is much too extreme however. I'm against the death penalty, but I'd rather the guy just be killed rather than tortured.

I didnt say he shouldn't be punished! I just happen to believe that, if we are civilised people living in a TRULY democratic country, we shouldn't even consider torture or the death penalty as a solution. Supporting the death penalty is not better than committing the murder yourselves...

Death penalty is not murder. Murder is a killing unsanctioned by the ruling government. The death penalty and execution that is sanctioned by the government is what is needed in this case. A person who has a total disregard for life that he or she would kill a child deserves no consideration.

The death penalty is a solution. It removes the individual from society, permanently. Torture on the other hand is repugnant and a waste of time. 2 to 3 9mm bullets into the brain would suffice and more cost effective.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Death penalty is not murder. Murder is a killing unsanctioned by the ruling government. The death penalty and execution that is sanctioned by the government is what is needed in this case. A person who has a total disregard for life that he or she would kill a child deserves no consideration.

The death penalty is a solution. It removes the individual from society, permanently. Torture on the other hand is repugnant and a waste of time. 2 to 3 9mm bullets into the brain would suffice and more cost effective.

Does this mean that death penalty is justified because it was ordered by a government? And what if the government is unjust??? What should we think about the death penalty under Hitler or Staline's regime...? Is it ok because it's sanctioned by the government? HELL NO! The actual american gv is less than just in its decisions. Bush is a complete retard and he is the one to have re-introduced the death penalty in the US. You cannot say in any way that his decision was the best one... Killing people one way or another is not a solution. Besides, if we want to stand above murderers, we should avoid doing the same thing as them. Moreover, there are many ways to re-habilitate a criminal... Just spend less money on the US army forces and spend it on something useful, dammit!

[President Bush] is the one to have re-introduced the death penalty in the US.

Are you sure about this?

wasn't he ? Sorry if he wasn't, I am not american myself so I cant be sure 100%. Anyway, Bush has always been supporting the death penalty.

I'm sure this will get blamed on video games, as usual.

they made a particular point in saying that he was playing Ghost Recon (A violent video game) you know.

Yeah, I noticed that too. They are already setting up his insanity defense. Disgusting.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

This thread is sort of ironic.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

[President Bush] is the one to have re-introduced the death penalty in the US.

Are you sure about this?

wasn't he ? Sorry if he wasn't, I am not american myself so I cant be sure 100%. Anyway, Bush has always been supporting the death penalty.

He doesn't support it personally, but the party enforces it on him.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

When it comes to someone murdering Innocent people, then yes... I am all for the death penalty.

Charlie Manson should not have been allowed to live, nor should his disciples.

They are never going to be "reformed" into healthy & productive members of society.... we have to throw them away into a cage for the rest of there lives as if they are humanities dirty little secret.

You want to kill people? Join the Army?

Want to slaughter innocent people without the ability to defend themselves... then burn.

It's not like this guy accidentally killed his child... he punched it in the face repeatedly and threw it into a chair.

Killing someone that young, innocent and unable to defend themselves is completely unacceptable.

The Universe works on the laws of causality, every action has an equal and opposite reaction... I truly and whole heartily believe that killing that SOB in retribution places the world in balance once more.

If you kill him, he wont have a chance to feel regret or, at least, think about his crime. Death is not a punishment in itself, especially in the case of a convict. You are actually doing him a favor by killing him. If retribution is what you are looking for, just drag him in a cell and let him live miserably in it with noone to talk to, etc. Then, he will for sure start thinking about how he ****ed up his life and these thoughts will never leave him... Theres nothing worst than being hauned by the ghosts of your past...

You say that keeping prisoners is a waste of money... I say just use money for prevention and information instead of spending everything on the US army. War brings nothing good anyways... I have seen some nice programs financed by the States in the US in which small delinquants were having lessons on what to do and what not to do (in that case, it was prostitution and its effects on society... I think it was in California and it seemed to work quite well). Besides, you dont need to spend tons of money for prisoners. WTH, I have seen prisoners with their own tv, locker, etc... why all this luxury? Prison is supposed to be a punishment not a holiday campus... you should be deprived of whatever you like... Moreover, some States (like California) should ban some of these stupid laws that make all the prisons overcrowded (If I remember well, you are going to prison for life if you commit more than 3 offences, no matter if they are petty ones). that's just stupid...

Edited by ramza

If you kill him, he wont have a chance to feel regret or, at least, think about his crime. Death is not a punishment in itself, especially in the case of a convict. You are actually doing him a favor by killing him. If retribution is what you are looking for, just drag him in a cell and let him live miserably in it with noone to talk to, etc. Then, he will for sure start thinking about how he ****ed up his life and these thoughts will never leave him... Theres nothing worst than being hauned by the ghosts of your past...

Unfortunatly this is not a Christmas Carrol where the ghosts of the past come back to haunt them, or a drama where the "Killer" hears voices and is haunted by the ghosts of those he has slain.

Most people whom commit murder are incapable of feeling remourse, they suffer from acute mental illness or some from of personaliaty disorder that prohibits them from interacting with the "normal world" as everyone else does.

A Psychopath is someone void of any true emotion with the exception of uncontrollable rage.

People like that are simply not capable of the morral and emotional retribution you would be trying to inflict upon them...

So the only options really is to:

1: Lock them away and forget about them, spending money on incarceration.

2: Place them in an assylum and place them under supervision, and try to "treat" the problem, so that you can then incarcerate them, spending money on treatment, incarceration and some form of reformation.

3: Kill them and be done with it.

I still think 3 is a better solution, I do not want them to feel retribution, I want them to not exist on this planet as a physical force any more. They have broken the most basic and simple of seociatys laws that we all agree to so that we can live togeather in a state other than anarchy, and they deserve to meet the ultimate penalty for what they have inflicted forceably upon another.

You say that keeping prisoners is a waste of money... I say just use money for prevention and information instead of spending everything on the US army. War brings nothing good anyways... I have seen some nice programs financed by the States in the US in which small delinquants were having lessons on what to do and what not to do (in that case, it was prostitution and its effects on society... I think it was in California and it seemed to work quite well).

Besides, you dont need to spend tons of money for prisoners. WTH, I have seen prisoners with their own tv, locker, etc... why all this luxury? Prison is supposed to be a punishment not a holiday campus... you should be deprived of whatever you like... Moreover, some States (like California) should ban some of these stupid laws that make all the prisons overcrowded (If I remember well, you are going to prison for life if you commit more than 3 offences, no matter if they are petty ones). that's just stupid...

Nope, I think Prison is a great thing, and I believe it should act as a source of reformation. Prison should be a tool of society too help turn those whom are not beyond help and "salvation."

If we as a society can help turn a criminal into a productive and healthy member of society then that's what we as "Civilized" people should aim for.

Most people turn to crime because of circumstance, and generally because the system has failed them in some way.

Your born in the streets, you receive a poor education and are given no opportunities to advance and progress in life, so you turn to selling drugs and theft to provide for yourself... Well, that's easy to resolve. Give the person a decent education and try to repair the harm done to them, present them with opportunity and try to produce once more a healthy and productive member of society.

But if you are beyond reformation, or your Crimes cross a certain line (Rape, Child Molestation or Cold blooded Murder) then you have crossed a line that no amount of "reformation" will make amends for... so the solution becomes to remove them from society altogether, and seeing as how we can no longer exile people from society the only alternative is death.

Throwing someone into a dark pit of a cell for life with nothing, is no less torturous or "Uncivilized" then flipping a switch and actually dealing with the problem, rather than letting it fester.

if a limb goes gangrenous and is beyond salvation, you amputate, its the some for society.

Treat them as human beings that you want to someday see back on the streets living full and productive lives, or cut your losses and "put the rabid dog down."

Throwing them into a dark pit with nothing, never to see the light of day again is simply returning to the dark ages.

As for the "3 Strikes and your out" law, it only applies to felonies, but I agree, it does not always work and causes a great many more problems than it solves... but if all States in the US were allowed to use and enforce the Death Penalty, and it could be done without so much red tape and BS, then they would not be looking for round about laws to keep certain people in prison and away from society for a life time.

Edited by Mortis Nai

"if we are civilised people living in a TRULY democratic country"

I doubt yuou know what TRUE demcoracy. Going by a trued emocracy, the majority in this threa dwould win which means bye bye child murderer.

I don't thinbk he should be tortured; but he should be punished and not felt pity for, and that includes up to the death penalty.

Cold blodded murderers deserve nothing less. If it wa spossible to 'redeem' him then sure; but as otehr spoint out; this isn't a fairy tale wher ethe bad guy tm will see the error of his ways and reform.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.