Dungeon Runners

Oerwinde

So I just got an email from NCsoft due to my previous membership in City of Heroes and they were talking about Dungeon Runners, a free MMO from NCsoft. Its currently in an invite only type thing with 5000 keys available. I got one and will let you guys know what its like after I play a bit.

Ok, after playing some, its like a mix between WoW and Diablo. It has the clicky clicky action of Diablo, with the visual style and UI of WoW. But it doesn't take itself very seriously, as my equipment can attest. I am currently wielding a Cardboard Shamshir and wearing Baby Sealskin Brigandine.

All in all, I think this could be fun... for a while at least. I mean the price is right. Free to download and free to play.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Is this one of those games that's technically free, but you actually have to buy enchantments and stuff to realistically progress?

You can pay 5 bucks a month for some bonuses like queue jumping, potion stacking, more inventory, and the high level equipment. But as far as I know its not necessary.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Does Karl do anything other than sign holding?

I don't believe so. He's just part of the humor of the game. People in game were talking about the items they were finding, they were pretty funny. And I just got a Stacked Wondrous Decoder Ring of the Butterfly.

Devastatorsig.jpg

lol....I love games with a sense of humor like that.

Invite only eh...not that I have much time to play lately, but how do you get an invite? :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

http://listserv.plaync.com/t/2300358/1696248/354/0/

This was the link they sent me. Dunno if there are any left of the original 5000. Its like an open beta type thing right now I think.

Devastatorsig.jpg