Best Light Sabre

What type of light sabre is the best?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What type of light sabre is the best?

• normal light sabre
    • short light sabre
    • double bladed light sabre
    • normal in left and right
    • short in left and right
    • sword
    • gun

Single sabers give extended critical threat range. Also means that crystals for each saber can be different. With a double-bladed saber, there are only two slots on weapon for which character can add for either increasing damage, stats or maybe force point regeneration.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Single sabers give extended critical threat range. Also means that crystals for each saber can be different. With a double-bladed saber, there are only two slots on weapon for which character can add for either increasing damage, stats or maybe force point regeneration.

That's strange...I used single lightsaber, and I rarely hit a "Critical Hit" even I hit the critical strike. but when I shift into two lightsabers, I almost hit "Critical Hit" every round....

And my class is Sith Marauder.

csicoruscantek4.jpgcsinarshaddaale5.jpg

| RP Fic: Knightfall | RP: Knightfall: The duel between Light and Dark |

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.

^By original do you mean the "Light Sword"? I am not sure of the name, but it's supposed to be the precursor to the Light-saber. The Mod has colour effects surrounding the blade.

Edit I forgot the "?" :))

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Double-bladers for me  :dancing:

Ah, A Sith.

A tool of Jedi, a weapon of Sith.

Ahhh...Red blades...Just like Sunset on Dantooine...Color of Betrayal.

Edited by CSI: Nihilus

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.

If one has the lightsabers for it, and has enough crystals and updates for it, of course long in main and short in offhand. The smaller damage from the long and short lightsaber matters little with full updates, as the difference is so small and the doubled critical range makes up for it, or makes more than up for it, especially when you use the Critical Strike style. For Power Attack, its likewise - for this style you should also absolutely use keen weapons.

Otherwise, the dualbladed lightsaber is the best option.

Edited by Gecon

Two normal sized lightsabers. This way you have one that can be focused to do damage to life forms and the other set up to do damage bonuses towards droids. Or you can have both do damage to life forms, how ever you wish to set up.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Double-bladers for me  :blink:

Ah, A Sith.

I use Double-Blades, but that doesn't mean I'm a Sith, just when I have to fight, it kills the opponent a lot faster, but when possible, negotiations.

A tool of Jedi, a weapon of Sith.

Ahhh...Red blades...Just like Sunset on Dantooine...Color of Betrayal.

The sunset on Dantooine, eh? You would think more of the sunset on Korriban.

That's strange...I used single lightsaber, and I rarely hit a "Critical Hit" even I hit the critical strike. but when I shift into two lightsabers, I almost hit "Critical Hit" every round....

And my class is Sith Marauder.

Could be that some crystals on single saber increase damage, instead of critical range. Crystals for few games can be randomly different.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Two normal sabres is only really practical if you're playing as a weapons master, other wise the off-hand penalty off-sets the extra damage. One normal and one short is better for Consolar and Sentinal classes. Theres no point in having the ability to kill just about anyone in one strike if you can't hit them in the first place.

Two normal sabres is only really practical if you're playing as a weapons master, other wise the off-hand penalty off-sets the extra damage. One normal and one short is better for Consolar and Sentinel classes. Theres no point in having the ability to kill just about anyone in one strike if you can't hit them in the first place.

Misquoted, Corrected, and used against you...

Right...But the problem is, I once played Jedi Counsular - Jedi master, and there is no problem using two normal lightsabers...except the critical hit had been reduced but whatever--I never use Critical hit. I mostly use Stasis Field, Master Flurry...which rocks...

Two normal sabres is only really practical if you're playing as a weapons master, other wise the off-hand penalty off-sets the extra damage. One normal and one short is better for Consular and Sentinel classes. Theres no point in having the ability to kill just about anyone in one strike if you can't hit them in the first place.

Misquoted, Corrected, and used against you...

Right...But the problem is, I once played Jedi Counsular - Jedi master, and there is no problem using two normal lightsabers...except the critical hit had been reduced but whatever--I never use Critical hit. I mostly use Stasis Field, Master Flurry...which rocks...

I thought you were a Jedi, and I didn't think Jedi used something against someone, only Sith.... anyway, you didn't correct one thing, so I fixed it on here and put it in bole.... :o

Edited by Anakin Skywalker

I thought you were a Jedi, and I didn't think Jedi used something against someone, only Sith.... anyway, you didn't correct one thing, so I fixed it on here and put it in bole.... :aiee:

I'm against anyone. I was just using Hallucination on LF's quote.

I like the saber chapstick, thats awsome. ( if you've seen the yoda animation that pokes fun of fanboys with names like Jedikiller or something, or well have the names you see on here, then you know what i mean. )

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

I like the saber chapstick, thats awsome. ( if you've seen the yoda animation that pokes fun of fanboys with names like Jedikiller or something, or well have the names you see on here, then you know what i mean. )

First off, there is no saber chopsticks.

Second, cite your source.

Normal saber in both hands - for the combat animations more than anything else.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

As a wepon Master I really enjoyed the double bladed sabre. Usually I would go wit a short in off hand and a long in the other hand. Equip one for deflection and defense and the other for damage.

Right now I'm coupling an Echani-Vibro sword with a short sabre in the left hand. I'm on level 21 and still havn't found a short sabre! Well, that's why I'm using a standard sized. but I generally like short ones better.

As a wepon Master I really enjoyed the double bladed sabre. Usually I would go wit a short in off hand and a long in the other hand. Equip one for deflection and defense and the other for damage.

Right now I'm coupling an Echani-Vibro sword with a short sabre in the left hand. I'm on level 21 and still havn't found a short sabre! Well, that's why I'm using a standard sized. but I generally like short ones better.

For me, I used both offensive, and another one, standard, deflection roll.